Nursing Graduates Score 100%
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) recently reported back to the faculty of St. John Fisher College's Wegmans School of Nursing (WSoN) that 100 percent of the School's recent graduates passed the National Certification Exam for Nurse Practitioners.
“The 100% pass rate on the National Certification Exam for Family Nurse Practitioners is a measure of excellence and evidence of the quality of our nationally ranked program and the caliber of our advanced practice graduates,” said Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, Dean, Wegmans School of Nursing.
The purpose of the AANP’s National Certification Program is to provide a valid and reliable program for entry-level nurse practitioners to recognize their education, knowledge, and professional expertise. The Academy Certification Program provides a process for validation of an advanced practice nurse's qualifications and knowledge for practice as a nurse practitioner.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Fisher Students Blogging—and Bragging—About Campus Life
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship