The Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2016 Receives White Coats
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy at St. John Fisher College held a white coat ceremony on Sunday, January 13, to officially mark the entrance of the Class of 2016 into the profession. A total of 78 first-year pharmacy students participated in this “rite of passage,” which officially welcomed them into the program.
Dean Scott Swigart made brief opening remarks, welcoming the students along with their friends and family to the ceremony, and congratulated them for successfully completing their first semester. Firefighter Ted Scardino, who survived the tragic Christmas Eve shooting in Webster, was at the ceremony for his son, Robert, a first-year pharmacy student. Swigart acknowledged Scardino and thanked him for his service, which quickly sparked a moving standing ovation.
Dr. Curtis Haas, Director of Pharmacy, University of Rochester Medical Center, served as the keynote speaker. And Fisher alumnus, Dr. Amit Patel ’10, led the class in the reading of the Pharmacist’s Oath.
The pharmacy students who received white coats are:
Mansour Abdulky, Marwa Amer, Melissa Baliva, Jillian Bankoff, Matthew Bernardez, Richard Besley, Michael Bettini, Katelynn Blunden, Kayla Bonanza, Lillian Brennan, Barbara Broderick, Nicholas Callara, Nicole Camp, Trevor Carey, David Chen, Jenna Clark, Janis Connor, Steven Conway, Maame Dampare, Dyanna Diaz, Shakola Dickinson, Stefanie DiLoreto, Taylor Duell, Danielle Dunn, Patrick Fall, Bryan Fitzgerald, Joshua Ford, James Freeman, Amanda Gertz, Brittany Harrington, Megan Harris, Zachary Hayes, Alexandra Hess, Heidi Hess, Melanie Johnson, Caitlin Kerr, Megan Koch, Heather Konieczny, Boris Krasnov, Charles Levin, Lauren Logar, Matthew Lombardozzi, Leah Madsen, Patrick McCabe, Ryan McKelvie, Heather Miller, Joseph Monette, Ann Montaperto, Nicole Murphy, Leanna Naab, Jennifer Nadra, Brian Nguyen, Tram Nguyen, Trang Nguyen, Olawumi Oladapo, Jeffrey Parish, Daniel Parshall, Rosetta Persaud, Michael Popielarczyk, Vladimir Poplavskiy, Chenzira Raphael, Ashley Rath, Steven Rush, Matthew Sayles, Robert Scardino, Jennifer Scott, John Snyder, Jennifer Spall, Jamie Stanton, Lauren Stummer, Nhon Ta, Mohammed Vaid, Scott Vrooman, Julie Wawrzyniak, Scott Welch, Amanda Wendt, Matthew Yacobucci, and Megan Ziegler.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program