Fisher and Mohawk Valley Community College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
Earlier today, Mohawk Valley Community College (MVCC) and St. John Fisher College announced a 2+2 partnership agreement. MVCC President, Dr. Randall VanWagoner, and St. John Fisher College President, Dr. Donald Bain, formally signed the agreement. This is the third 2+2 agreement Fisher has announced in the last year.
The program will require students enrolled at MVCC to complete two years of prescribed coursework for an associate degree, and then continue their coursework at Fisher, where they can earn a bachelor’s degree in just two years. Other benefits of the program include specialized student advisement and registration opportunities. The agreement covers all bachelor’s degree programs at Fisher. Students who enroll in the program receive guaranteed acceptance to Fisher as long as all academic requirements are fulfilled.
“Academic alliances designed to benefit transfer students are very important to us as an institution, and we are pleased to add Mohawk Valley Community College to our list of partners,” said Bain. “We hope to provide these students with a seamless transition in their educational journey, from an associate degree to a baccalaureate degree, as well as a rich academic and personal experience once they arrive on the Fisher campus.”
With the addition of MVCC, Fisher now has 2+2 agreements with a total of six schools, including Corning Community College, Finger Lakes Community College, Genesee Community College, Monroe Community College, and Onondaga Community College.
“MVCC is committed to providing a foundation of excellence for students who want to transfer to a bachelor-granting institution after completing their associate degree here in the Mohawk Valley,” says VanWagoner. “Our students have a long tradition of successfully transferring to St. John Fisher and this 2 + 2 agreement leverages the strong partnership between our two institutions to better serve students.”
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades