Smith Presents at Annual Nursing Convention
Dr. Charlene Smith, Associate Professor, Wegmans School of Nursing, served as a presenter at the National Nursing Staff Development Organization's annual convention in Chicago over the summer.
The presentation, "m-Learning: The 'Podagogy' of Podcasting as a Mobile Teaching Strategy" provided an overview of lecture capture technology, commonly referred to as podcasting, and the pedagogical use of podcasting as a viable teaching strategy in meeting the challenges of deploying educational programming for staff in health care settings separated by distance and time. She described an overview of the terminology, advantages, challenges, and current research regarding the learning outcomes for podcasting as an evidence-based teaching strategy. Convention attendees included nursing professional development specialists and administrators, patient educators, and academic nurse educators from health care facilities across the country and internationally.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students