Smith Presents at Annual Nursing Convention
Dr. Charlene Smith, Associate Professor, Wegmans School of Nursing, served as a presenter at the National Nursing Staff Development Organization's annual convention in Chicago over the summer.
The presentation, "m-Learning: The 'Podagogy' of Podcasting as a Mobile Teaching Strategy" provided an overview of lecture capture technology, commonly referred to as podcasting, and the pedagogical use of podcasting as a viable teaching strategy in meeting the challenges of deploying educational programming for staff in health care settings separated by distance and time. She described an overview of the terminology, advantages, challenges, and current research regarding the learning outcomes for podcasting as an evidence-based teaching strategy. Convention attendees included nursing professional development specialists and administrators, patient educators, and academic nurse educators from health care facilities across the country and internationally.
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!