Smith Presents at Annual Nursing Convention
Dr. Charlene Smith, Associate Professor, Wegmans School of Nursing, served as a presenter at the National Nursing Staff Development Organization's annual convention in Chicago over the summer.
The presentation, "m-Learning: The 'Podagogy' of Podcasting as a Mobile Teaching Strategy" provided an overview of lecture capture technology, commonly referred to as podcasting, and the pedagogical use of podcasting as a viable teaching strategy in meeting the challenges of deploying educational programming for staff in health care settings separated by distance and time. She described an overview of the terminology, advantages, challenges, and current research regarding the learning outcomes for podcasting as an evidence-based teaching strategy. Convention attendees included nursing professional development specialists and administrators, patient educators, and academic nurse educators from health care facilities across the country and internationally.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Storms Back To Win Courage Bowl XII
- Luncheon Celebrates Courage Bowl Honorary Coaches, Cheerleaders
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Service Saturdays Help Students Give Where They Live
- C-SPAN Bus Brings Election Season to Life
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Microfluidics: A Collaboration between the Chemistry and Biology Departments
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team