Alumni Named to Rochester Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40”
Two St. John Fisher College alumni recently received the Rochester Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” Award. The award recognizes professionals younger than 40 years of age for service in their jobs and in the community. They were Andrew Claus, a 2007 graduate of the MBA program, and Renee Tschetter, a 1994 graduate of the accounting program.
Claus is Vice President at Builders Exchange of Rochester. He is responsible for day-to-day operations at each of the associations managed by the company, including sales growth and product development. In addition, he is liaison and technology advisor to partner associations of BuildNY.com and Building Industry Employers of New York State. In October of 2009, Claus was appointed Executive Director of the Upstate New York Region of the Design Build Institute of America.
He serves as the 2nd Vice Chair of the Arc of Monroe Board of Directors, and has held several board and committee positions with the organization. Claus is also involved as a board member for the Eastside Family YMCA and Mommies for Miracles, and volunteers for Habitat for Humanity. He is a graduate of the 2010 class of Leadership Rochester. In addition, he is the recipient of the Leadership Award from the CIO Roundtable of Rochester, and the Community Service award from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
He is a resident of Pittsford.
Tschetter is Senior Manager at the Outsource Accounting Services Group of Insero & Company. She provides a full range of traditional tax and compliance services, and has an expertise in strategic planning, cash management, budgeting, and accounting best practices. She works closely with clients to improve the operational aspects of their accounting departments. Tschetter led the launch of Insero’s QuickBooks Consulting practice and a series of training programs for users.
She is a certified public accountant, and an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants. She serves as a board member for the Small Business Council (SBC) of Rochester, and is the chair for the organization’s annual gala. In addition, she is a volunteer for the Flower City Habitat for Humanity, and the SBC’s SCORE division, offering training to new business owners.
She resides in Greece.
The pair were honored at the annual “Forty Under 40” luncheon on November 18.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes