Alumni Named to Rochester Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40”
Two St. John Fisher College alumni recently received the Rochester Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” Award. The award recognizes professionals younger than 40 years of age for service in their jobs and in the community. They were Andrew Claus, a 2007 graduate of the MBA program, and Renee Tschetter, a 1994 graduate of the accounting program.
Claus is Vice President at Builders Exchange of Rochester. He is responsible for day-to-day operations at each of the associations managed by the company, including sales growth and product development. In addition, he is liaison and technology advisor to partner associations of BuildNY.com and Building Industry Employers of New York State. In October of 2009, Claus was appointed Executive Director of the Upstate New York Region of the Design Build Institute of America.
He serves as the 2nd Vice Chair of the Arc of Monroe Board of Directors, and has held several board and committee positions with the organization. Claus is also involved as a board member for the Eastside Family YMCA and Mommies for Miracles, and volunteers for Habitat for Humanity. He is a graduate of the 2010 class of Leadership Rochester. In addition, he is the recipient of the Leadership Award from the CIO Roundtable of Rochester, and the Community Service award from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
He is a resident of Pittsford.
Tschetter is Senior Manager at the Outsource Accounting Services Group of Insero & Company. She provides a full range of traditional tax and compliance services, and has an expertise in strategic planning, cash management, budgeting, and accounting best practices. She works closely with clients to improve the operational aspects of their accounting departments. Tschetter led the launch of Insero’s QuickBooks Consulting practice and a series of training programs for users.
She is a certified public accountant, and an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants. She serves as a board member for the Small Business Council (SBC) of Rochester, and is the chair for the organization’s annual gala. In addition, she is a volunteer for the Flower City Habitat for Humanity, and the SBC’s SCORE division, offering training to new business owners.
She resides in Greece.
The pair were honored at the annual “Forty Under 40” luncheon on November 18.
Latest College News Stories
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”
- Fisher Named to 2015 Military Friendly Schools List
- College Receives “Mentoring Matters” Grant from First Niagara Bank
- Nursing Students, Faculty Participate in Out of the Darkness Walk