Alumni Named to Rochester Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40”
Two St. John Fisher College alumni recently received the Rochester Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” Award. The award recognizes professionals younger than 40 years of age for service in their jobs and in the community. They were Andrew Claus, a 2007 graduate of the MBA program, and Renee Tschetter, a 1994 graduate of the accounting program.
Claus is Vice President at Builders Exchange of Rochester. He is responsible for day-to-day operations at each of the associations managed by the company, including sales growth and product development. In addition, he is liaison and technology advisor to partner associations of BuildNY.com and Building Industry Employers of New York State. In October of 2009, Claus was appointed Executive Director of the Upstate New York Region of the Design Build Institute of America.
He serves as the 2nd Vice Chair of the Arc of Monroe Board of Directors, and has held several board and committee positions with the organization. Claus is also involved as a board member for the Eastside Family YMCA and Mommies for Miracles, and volunteers for Habitat for Humanity. He is a graduate of the 2010 class of Leadership Rochester. In addition, he is the recipient of the Leadership Award from the CIO Roundtable of Rochester, and the Community Service award from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
He is a resident of Pittsford.
Tschetter is Senior Manager at the Outsource Accounting Services Group of Insero & Company. She provides a full range of traditional tax and compliance services, and has an expertise in strategic planning, cash management, budgeting, and accounting best practices. She works closely with clients to improve the operational aspects of their accounting departments. Tschetter led the launch of Insero’s QuickBooks Consulting practice and a series of training programs for users.
She is a certified public accountant, and an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants. She serves as a board member for the Small Business Council (SBC) of Rochester, and is the chair for the organization’s annual gala. In addition, she is a volunteer for the Flower City Habitat for Humanity, and the SBC’s SCORE division, offering training to new business owners.
She resides in Greece.
The pair were honored at the annual “Forty Under 40” luncheon on November 18.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference