Center for Community Engagement Celebrates Graduates
The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) at St. John Fisher College recently held its second graduation, awarding a Certificate in Nonprofit Management to 14 students.
The mission of the CCE is to create social capital that will improve the community’s quality of life. To realize that mission, one of the activities is to provide management education for executives, program directors, and managers of nonprofit and health care organizations.
The Certificate in Nonprofit Management is a non-credit certificate that provides individuals with an understanding of the basic skills needed to succeed in management positions within nonprofit and health care organizations. Students take five courses to complete the certificate.
To date, the program has attracted professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of nonprofit organizations, as well as those who might be looking to increase management responsibilities in their current positions.
2010 program graduates included: Katie Castern, Urban League; Liz Gosian, Mt. Hope Family Center; John Hart, Chase Bank; Lynn Lubecki, Rochester Childfirst Network; Francis McKenna, PathStone ; Dianne Neufville; Jean Reithel, Charles Settlement House; Gretta Schaeffer, East House; Maureen Schnorr; Patricia Taylor, Community Place; Carleen Wade, PathStone; Nan Watt; Trista Wilson, Rochester Childfirst Network; and Lisa Zhu, PathStone.
For more information about the program, contact Dr. Karyl Mammano, Director, Nonprofit Management Education, at 385-7339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher