Center for Community Engagement Celebrates Graduates
The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) at St. John Fisher College recently held its second graduation, awarding a Certificate in Nonprofit Management to 14 students.
The mission of the CCE is to create social capital that will improve the community’s quality of life. To realize that mission, one of the activities is to provide management education for executives, program directors, and managers of nonprofit and health care organizations.
The Certificate in Nonprofit Management is a non-credit certificate that provides individuals with an understanding of the basic skills needed to succeed in management positions within nonprofit and health care organizations. Students take five courses to complete the certificate.
To date, the program has attracted professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of nonprofit organizations, as well as those who might be looking to increase management responsibilities in their current positions.
2010 program graduates included: Katie Castern, Urban League; Liz Gosian, Mt. Hope Family Center; John Hart, Chase Bank; Lynn Lubecki, Rochester Childfirst Network; Francis McKenna, PathStone ; Dianne Neufville; Jean Reithel, Charles Settlement House; Gretta Schaeffer, East House; Maureen Schnorr; Patricia Taylor, Community Place; Carleen Wade, PathStone; Nan Watt; Trista Wilson, Rochester Childfirst Network; and Lisa Zhu, PathStone.
For more information about the program, contact Dr. Karyl Mammano, Director, Nonprofit Management Education, at 385-7339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference