Center for Community Engagement Celebrates Graduates
The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) at St. John Fisher College recently held its second graduation, awarding a Certificate in Nonprofit Management to 14 students.
The mission of the CCE is to create social capital that will improve the community’s quality of life. To realize that mission, one of the activities is to provide management education for executives, program directors, and managers of nonprofit and health care organizations.
The Certificate in Nonprofit Management is a non-credit certificate that provides individuals with an understanding of the basic skills needed to succeed in management positions within nonprofit and health care organizations. Students take five courses to complete the certificate.
To date, the program has attracted professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of nonprofit organizations, as well as those who might be looking to increase management responsibilities in their current positions.
2010 program graduates included: Katie Castern, Urban League; Liz Gosian, Mt. Hope Family Center; John Hart, Chase Bank; Lynn Lubecki, Rochester Childfirst Network; Francis McKenna, PathStone ; Dianne Neufville; Jean Reithel, Charles Settlement House; Gretta Schaeffer, East House; Maureen Schnorr; Patricia Taylor, Community Place; Carleen Wade, PathStone; Nan Watt; Trista Wilson, Rochester Childfirst Network; and Lisa Zhu, PathStone.
For more information about the program, contact Dr. Karyl Mammano, Director, Nonprofit Management Education, at 385-7339 or email@example.com.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine
- School of Education Hosts Virtual Classroom Demo for High School Students
- Schlosser Publishes Two Papers in Education Journals
- Cleverley-Thompson Presents on Leadership through Storytelling