Center for Community Engagement Celebrates Graduates
The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) at St. John Fisher College recently held its second graduation, awarding a Certificate in Nonprofit Management to 14 students.
The mission of the CCE is to create social capital that will improve the community’s quality of life. To realize that mission, one of the activities is to provide management education for executives, program directors, and managers of nonprofit and health care organizations.
The Certificate in Nonprofit Management is a non-credit certificate that provides individuals with an understanding of the basic skills needed to succeed in management positions within nonprofit and health care organizations. Students take five courses to complete the certificate.
To date, the program has attracted professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of nonprofit organizations, as well as those who might be looking to increase management responsibilities in their current positions.
2010 program graduates included: Katie Castern, Urban League; Liz Gosian, Mt. Hope Family Center; John Hart, Chase Bank; Lynn Lubecki, Rochester Childfirst Network; Francis McKenna, PathStone ; Dianne Neufville; Jean Reithel, Charles Settlement House; Gretta Schaeffer, East House; Maureen Schnorr; Patricia Taylor, Community Place; Carleen Wade, PathStone; Nan Watt; Trista Wilson, Rochester Childfirst Network; and Lisa Zhu, PathStone.
For more information about the program, contact Dr. Karyl Mammano, Director, Nonprofit Management Education, at 385-7339 or email@example.com.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes