Center for Community Engagement Celebrates Graduates
The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) at St. John Fisher College recently held its second graduation, awarding a Certificate in Nonprofit Management to 14 students.
The mission of the CCE is to create social capital that will improve the community’s quality of life. To realize that mission, one of the activities is to provide management education for executives, program directors, and managers of nonprofit and health care organizations.
The Certificate in Nonprofit Management is a non-credit certificate that provides individuals with an understanding of the basic skills needed to succeed in management positions within nonprofit and health care organizations. Students take five courses to complete the certificate.
To date, the program has attracted professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of nonprofit organizations, as well as those who might be looking to increase management responsibilities in their current positions.
2010 program graduates included: Katie Castern, Urban League; Liz Gosian, Mt. Hope Family Center; John Hart, Chase Bank; Lynn Lubecki, Rochester Childfirst Network; Francis McKenna, PathStone ; Dianne Neufville; Jean Reithel, Charles Settlement House; Gretta Schaeffer, East House; Maureen Schnorr; Patricia Taylor, Community Place; Carleen Wade, PathStone; Nan Watt; Trista Wilson, Rochester Childfirst Network; and Lisa Zhu, PathStone.
For more information about the program, contact Dr. Karyl Mammano, Director, Nonprofit Management Education, at 385-7339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”
- Fisher Named to 2015 Military Friendly Schools List