2010 Day of Celebration
It was a Day of Celebration, Puerto Rican style. Hundreds attended this past weekend's 11th Annual Day of Celebration at St. John Fisher College. The day was packed full of a variety of entertainment for all ages. Many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Puerto Rican heritage.
"It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to work with Rochester's Puerto Rican community and incorporate their rich culture into this year's event," said Yantee Slobert, Director of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs. "Our students, faculty and staff did an amazing job working collaboratively to ensure the success of this event."
A special thank you to Zakiya Moss and Dalton Hudson, student co-chairs of the Day of Celebration committee.
Latest College News Stories
- Alum, Media and Communication Professor Collaborate on Video Production Course Project
- Showcases Held throughout April Spotlight Student Work
- Sport Management Banquet Honors Students and Alumni
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two Students
- New Members Inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Networking Event Connects Students, Tax Pros
- Six Honored during Staff Recognition Awards
- Women’s Leadership Committee Kicks-Off First Event
- Bio Students Present Research
- Ceremony Showcases Service-Learning at Fisher
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station