2010 Day of Celebration
It was a Day of Celebration, Puerto Rican style. Hundreds attended this past weekend's 11th Annual Day of Celebration at St. John Fisher College. The day was packed full of a variety of entertainment for all ages. Many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Puerto Rican heritage.
"It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to work with Rochester's Puerto Rican community and incorporate their rich culture into this year's event," said Yantee Slobert, Director of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs. "Our students, faculty and staff did an amazing job working collaboratively to ensure the success of this event."
A special thank you to Zakiya Moss and Dalton Hudson, student co-chairs of the Day of Celebration committee.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference