2010 Day of Celebration
It was a Day of Celebration, Puerto Rican style. Hundreds attended this past weekend's 11th Annual Day of Celebration at St. John Fisher College. The day was packed full of a variety of entertainment for all ages. Many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Puerto Rican heritage.
"It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to work with Rochester's Puerto Rican community and incorporate their rich culture into this year's event," said Yantee Slobert, Director of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs. "Our students, faculty and staff did an amazing job working collaboratively to ensure the success of this event."
A special thank you to Zakiya Moss and Dalton Hudson, student co-chairs of the Day of Celebration committee.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant