2010 Day of Celebration
It was a Day of Celebration, Puerto Rican style. Hundreds attended this past weekend's 11th Annual Day of Celebration at St. John Fisher College. The day was packed full of a variety of entertainment for all ages. Many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Puerto Rican heritage.
"It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to work with Rochester's Puerto Rican community and incorporate their rich culture into this year's event," said Yantee Slobert, Director of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs. "Our students, faculty and staff did an amazing job working collaboratively to ensure the success of this event."
A special thank you to Zakiya Moss and Dalton Hudson, student co-chairs of the Day of Celebration committee.
Latest College News Stories
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion
- Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum