2010 Day of Celebration
It was a Day of Celebration, Puerto Rican style. Hundreds attended this past weekend's 11th Annual Day of Celebration at St. John Fisher College. The day was packed full of a variety of entertainment for all ages. Many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Puerto Rican heritage.
"It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to work with Rochester's Puerto Rican community and incorporate their rich culture into this year's event," said Yantee Slobert, Director of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs. "Our students, faculty and staff did an amazing job working collaboratively to ensure the success of this event."
A special thank you to Zakiya Moss and Dalton Hudson, student co-chairs of the Day of Celebration committee.
Latest College News Stories
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company