Student Athletes Host Captains Club Mentoring Program
On Thursday, December 2, members of the St. John Fisher College Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) hosted over 30 students from the Rochester City School District for the Captains Club Mentoring Program.
The committee wanted to expose the high school student athletes to a college campus, and give them the opportunity to meet with Fisher’s student athletes to gain insight into life as a college athlete.
Students from Charlotte, Joseph C. Wilson Magnet, East, School of the Arts, and Thomas Jefferson High Schools participated in the all-day event, which included a campus tour, an athletic presentation and Q&A session with Fisher athletes and coaches, and a player panel discussion.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International