Lackmann at Fisher Receives Accolades
St. John Fisher College’s own Lackmann Culinary Services was recently named “Unit of the Year” for all of Lackmann’s dining operations across the nation. In addition, Lackmann’s head chef at Fisher, Joel Kraft, was honored with the “Chef of the Year” title!
Some of the criteria for the “Chef of the Year” award include:
- Candidate shows motivation and initiative in delivering Lackmann’s culinary concepts to customers.
- Demonstration of consistent innovative, imaginative, and successful culinary techniques.
- Outstanding special events.
- Demonstrates creative food and menu presentation.
- Is a fair and effective leader.
To receive the “Unit of the Year” recognition, units are given percentage points based on: merchandising; employee/management development and training; purchasing; culinary; attainment of financial operating goals; client and guest relations; and sanitation.
Lackmann Culinary Services was founded in 1966 by Thomas F. Lackmann. A leader, mentor, and visionary, Thomas Lackmann was committed to the gift of hospitality, providing quality food for each and every guest, and the belief in continuous improvement. As he would say, "When you’re green, you grow." The Company was started with 10 team members over 40 years ago and today has over 2,000 team members, and over 100 dining operations along the East Coast.
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!