Lackmann at Fisher Receives Accolades
St. John Fisher College’s own Lackmann Culinary Services was recently named “Unit of the Year” for all of Lackmann’s dining operations across the nation. In addition, Lackmann’s head chef at Fisher, Joel Kraft, was honored with the “Chef of the Year” title!
Some of the criteria for the “Chef of the Year” award include:
- Candidate shows motivation and initiative in delivering Lackmann’s culinary concepts to customers.
- Demonstration of consistent innovative, imaginative, and successful culinary techniques.
- Outstanding special events.
- Demonstrates creative food and menu presentation.
- Is a fair and effective leader.
To receive the “Unit of the Year” recognition, units are given percentage points based on: merchandising; employee/management development and training; purchasing; culinary; attainment of financial operating goals; client and guest relations; and sanitation.
Lackmann Culinary Services was founded in 1966 by Thomas F. Lackmann. A leader, mentor, and visionary, Thomas Lackmann was committed to the gift of hospitality, providing quality food for each and every guest, and the belief in continuous improvement. As he would say, "When you’re green, you grow." The Company was started with 10 team members over 40 years ago and today has over 2,000 team members, and over 100 dining operations along the East Coast.
Latest College News Stories
- Clark Honored with Teddi Award
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum