Lackmann at Fisher Receives Accolades
St. John Fisher College’s own Lackmann Culinary Services was recently named “Unit of the Year” for all of Lackmann’s dining operations across the nation. In addition, Lackmann’s head chef at Fisher, Joel Kraft, was honored with the “Chef of the Year” title!
Some of the criteria for the “Chef of the Year” award include:
- Candidate shows motivation and initiative in delivering Lackmann’s culinary concepts to customers.
- Demonstration of consistent innovative, imaginative, and successful culinary techniques.
- Outstanding special events.
- Demonstrates creative food and menu presentation.
- Is a fair and effective leader.
To receive the “Unit of the Year” recognition, units are given percentage points based on: merchandising; employee/management development and training; purchasing; culinary; attainment of financial operating goals; client and guest relations; and sanitation.
Lackmann Culinary Services was founded in 1966 by Thomas F. Lackmann. A leader, mentor, and visionary, Thomas Lackmann was committed to the gift of hospitality, providing quality food for each and every guest, and the belief in continuous improvement. As he would say, "When you’re green, you grow." The Company was started with 10 team members over 40 years ago and today has over 2,000 team members, and over 100 dining operations along the East Coast.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference