Lackmann at Fisher Receives Accolades
St. John Fisher College’s own Lackmann Culinary Services was recently named “Unit of the Year” for all of Lackmann’s dining operations across the nation. In addition, Lackmann’s head chef at Fisher, Joel Kraft, was honored with the “Chef of the Year” title!
Some of the criteria for the “Chef of the Year” award include:
- Candidate shows motivation and initiative in delivering Lackmann’s culinary concepts to customers.
- Demonstration of consistent innovative, imaginative, and successful culinary techniques.
- Outstanding special events.
- Demonstrates creative food and menu presentation.
- Is a fair and effective leader.
To receive the “Unit of the Year” recognition, units are given percentage points based on: merchandising; employee/management development and training; purchasing; culinary; attainment of financial operating goals; client and guest relations; and sanitation.
Lackmann Culinary Services was founded in 1966 by Thomas F. Lackmann. A leader, mentor, and visionary, Thomas Lackmann was committed to the gift of hospitality, providing quality food for each and every guest, and the belief in continuous improvement. As he would say, "When you’re green, you grow." The Company was started with 10 team members over 40 years ago and today has over 2,000 team members, and over 100 dining operations along the East Coast.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website
- Fisher to Break Ground on New Chapel