Lackmann at Fisher Receives Accolades
St. John Fisher College’s own Lackmann Culinary Services was recently named “Unit of the Year” for all of Lackmann’s dining operations across the nation. In addition, Lackmann’s head chef at Fisher, Joel Kraft, was honored with the “Chef of the Year” title!
Some of the criteria for the “Chef of the Year” award include:
- Candidate shows motivation and initiative in delivering Lackmann’s culinary concepts to customers.
- Demonstration of consistent innovative, imaginative, and successful culinary techniques.
- Outstanding special events.
- Demonstrates creative food and menu presentation.
- Is a fair and effective leader.
To receive the “Unit of the Year” recognition, units are given percentage points based on: merchandising; employee/management development and training; purchasing; culinary; attainment of financial operating goals; client and guest relations; and sanitation.
Lackmann Culinary Services was founded in 1966 by Thomas F. Lackmann. A leader, mentor, and visionary, Thomas Lackmann was committed to the gift of hospitality, providing quality food for each and every guest, and the belief in continuous improvement. As he would say, "When you’re green, you grow." The Company was started with 10 team members over 40 years ago and today has over 2,000 team members, and over 100 dining operations along the East Coast.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students