Diversity Innovation Awards Presented to Students, Faculty, and Staff
On February 18, the third annual Diversity Innovation Awards ceremony was held to announce the 2008- 2009 recipients. The presentation and reception were co-sponsored by Barnes & Noble Booksellers at St. John Fisher College and the Office of Multicultural Affairs & Diversity Programs.
Diversity Innovation Awards were presented to: Robert Taylor, a senior accounting major; Dr. Dana Nichols, Assistant Professor of English; and the Women and Gender Studies Club.
The Diversity Innovation Awards recognize the outstanding accomplishments of students, faculty, and staff at the College. Recipients demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through community service work; recruitment and retention efforts; research; teaching; cultural competency; cultural programming; and other efforts that promote dialogue and equitable treatment of all.
At the event, Dan Edes of Barnes & Noble Booksellers also announced the recipient of the Bricoleur Award, given to individuals and groups that develop innovative ways to address issues of inclusion and equitable treatment within their personal and/or collective spheres of influence. The 2008-2009 recipient of the Bricoleur Award is Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of English.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Luncheon Celebrates Courage Bowl Honorary Coaches, Cheerleaders
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Service Saturdays Help Students Give Where They Live
- C-SPAN Bus Brings Election Season to Life
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Microfluidics: A Collaboration between the Chemistry and Biology Departments
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team
- Ed.D. Grad’s Work with Roc Hub Featured in D&C