Diversity Innovation Awards Presented to Students, Faculty, and Staff
On February 18, the third annual Diversity Innovation Awards ceremony was held to announce the 2008- 2009 recipients. The presentation and reception were co-sponsored by Barnes & Noble Booksellers at St. John Fisher College and the Office of Multicultural Affairs & Diversity Programs.
Diversity Innovation Awards were presented to: Robert Taylor, a senior accounting major; Dr. Dana Nichols, Assistant Professor of English; and the Women and Gender Studies Club.
The Diversity Innovation Awards recognize the outstanding accomplishments of students, faculty, and staff at the College. Recipients demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through community service work; recruitment and retention efforts; research; teaching; cultural competency; cultural programming; and other efforts that promote dialogue and equitable treatment of all.
At the event, Dan Edes of Barnes & Noble Booksellers also announced the recipient of the Bricoleur Award, given to individuals and groups that develop innovative ways to address issues of inclusion and equitable treatment within their personal and/or collective spheres of influence. The 2008-2009 recipient of the Bricoleur Award is Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of English.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception