Diversity Innovation Awards Presented to Students, Faculty, and Staff
On February 18, the third annual Diversity Innovation Awards ceremony was held to announce the 2008- 2009 recipients. The presentation and reception were co-sponsored by Barnes & Noble Booksellers at St. John Fisher College and the Office of Multicultural Affairs & Diversity Programs.
Diversity Innovation Awards were presented to: Robert Taylor, a senior accounting major; Dr. Dana Nichols, Assistant Professor of English; and the Women and Gender Studies Club.
The Diversity Innovation Awards recognize the outstanding accomplishments of students, faculty, and staff at the College. Recipients demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through community service work; recruitment and retention efforts; research; teaching; cultural competency; cultural programming; and other efforts that promote dialogue and equitable treatment of all.
At the event, Dan Edes of Barnes & Noble Booksellers also announced the recipient of the Bricoleur Award, given to individuals and groups that develop innovative ways to address issues of inclusion and equitable treatment within their personal and/or collective spheres of influence. The 2008-2009 recipient of the Bricoleur Award is Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of English.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher