Diversity Innovation Awards Presented to Students, Faculty, and Staff
On February 18, the third annual Diversity Innovation Awards ceremony was held to announce the 2008- 2009 recipients. The presentation and reception were co-sponsored by Barnes & Noble Booksellers at St. John Fisher College and the Office of Multicultural Affairs & Diversity Programs.
Diversity Innovation Awards were presented to: Robert Taylor, a senior accounting major; Dr. Dana Nichols, Assistant Professor of English; and the Women and Gender Studies Club.
The Diversity Innovation Awards recognize the outstanding accomplishments of students, faculty, and staff at the College. Recipients demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through community service work; recruitment and retention efforts; research; teaching; cultural competency; cultural programming; and other efforts that promote dialogue and equitable treatment of all.
At the event, Dan Edes of Barnes & Noble Booksellers also announced the recipient of the Bricoleur Award, given to individuals and groups that develop innovative ways to address issues of inclusion and equitable treatment within their personal and/or collective spheres of influence. The 2008-2009 recipient of the Bricoleur Award is Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of English.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo Bills Release 2015 Training Camp Schedule
- Community Service Efforts Land Fisher on President’s Honor Roll
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology