Diversity Innovation Awards Presented to Students, Faculty, and Staff
On February 18, the third annual Diversity Innovation Awards ceremony was held to announce the 2008- 2009 recipients. The presentation and reception were co-sponsored by Barnes & Noble Booksellers at St. John Fisher College and the Office of Multicultural Affairs & Diversity Programs.
Diversity Innovation Awards were presented to: Robert Taylor, a senior accounting major; Dr. Dana Nichols, Assistant Professor of English; and the Women and Gender Studies Club.
The Diversity Innovation Awards recognize the outstanding accomplishments of students, faculty, and staff at the College. Recipients demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through community service work; recruitment and retention efforts; research; teaching; cultural competency; cultural programming; and other efforts that promote dialogue and equitable treatment of all.
At the event, Dan Edes of Barnes & Noble Booksellers also announced the recipient of the Bricoleur Award, given to individuals and groups that develop innovative ways to address issues of inclusion and equitable treatment within their personal and/or collective spheres of influence. The 2008-2009 recipient of the Bricoleur Award is Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of English.
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference