Diversity Innovation Awards Presented to Students, Faculty, and Staff
On February 18, the third annual Diversity Innovation Awards ceremony was held to announce the 2008- 2009 recipients. The presentation and reception were co-sponsored by Barnes & Noble Booksellers at St. John Fisher College and the Office of Multicultural Affairs & Diversity Programs.
Diversity Innovation Awards were presented to: Robert Taylor, a senior accounting major; Dr. Dana Nichols, Assistant Professor of English; and the Women and Gender Studies Club.
The Diversity Innovation Awards recognize the outstanding accomplishments of students, faculty, and staff at the College. Recipients demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through community service work; recruitment and retention efforts; research; teaching; cultural competency; cultural programming; and other efforts that promote dialogue and equitable treatment of all.
At the event, Dan Edes of Barnes & Noble Booksellers also announced the recipient of the Bricoleur Award, given to individuals and groups that develop innovative ways to address issues of inclusion and equitable treatment within their personal and/or collective spheres of influence. The 2008-2009 recipient of the Bricoleur Award is Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of English.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine
- School of Education Hosts Virtual Classroom Demo for High School Students
- Schlosser Publishes Two Papers in Education Journals