Diversity Innovation Awards Presented to Students, Faculty, and Staff
On February 18, the third annual Diversity Innovation Awards ceremony was held to announce the 2008- 2009 recipients. The presentation and reception were co-sponsored by Barnes & Noble Booksellers at St. John Fisher College and the Office of Multicultural Affairs & Diversity Programs.
Diversity Innovation Awards were presented to: Robert Taylor, a senior accounting major; Dr. Dana Nichols, Assistant Professor of English; and the Women and Gender Studies Club.
The Diversity Innovation Awards recognize the outstanding accomplishments of students, faculty, and staff at the College. Recipients demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through community service work; recruitment and retention efforts; research; teaching; cultural competency; cultural programming; and other efforts that promote dialogue and equitable treatment of all.
At the event, Dan Edes of Barnes & Noble Booksellers also announced the recipient of the Bricoleur Award, given to individuals and groups that develop innovative ways to address issues of inclusion and equitable treatment within their personal and/or collective spheres of influence. The 2008-2009 recipient of the Bricoleur Award is Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of English.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Professor’s Study Says Brands on Snapchat Need to be Relatable, Feel-Good
- The Buffalo Girl: How the heart of a Fisher graduate shaped the heart of “Four Falls of Buffalo”
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy