Diversity Innovation Awards Presented to Students, Faculty, and Staff
On February 18, the third annual Diversity Innovation Awards ceremony was held to announce the 2008- 2009 recipients. The presentation and reception were co-sponsored by Barnes & Noble Booksellers at St. John Fisher College and the Office of Multicultural Affairs & Diversity Programs.
Diversity Innovation Awards were presented to: Robert Taylor, a senior accounting major; Dr. Dana Nichols, Assistant Professor of English; and the Women and Gender Studies Club.
The Diversity Innovation Awards recognize the outstanding accomplishments of students, faculty, and staff at the College. Recipients demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through community service work; recruitment and retention efforts; research; teaching; cultural competency; cultural programming; and other efforts that promote dialogue and equitable treatment of all.
At the event, Dan Edes of Barnes & Noble Booksellers also announced the recipient of the Bricoleur Award, given to individuals and groups that develop innovative ways to address issues of inclusion and equitable treatment within their personal and/or collective spheres of influence. The 2008-2009 recipient of the Bricoleur Award is Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of English.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”