International Studies Alum Invited to Present Graduate Thesis at Conference
International Studies graduate, Dyann Brown ´09, was recently invited to represent St. John Fisher College as a speaker/panelist at the International Studies Association’s Northeast Conference. Brown presented her graduate thesis at the conference, which was held in Baltimore, MD, November 6-10.
Brown’s presentation, entitled United Nation’s (UN) Evaluation of NGO Effectiveness in Civil Society, examined and questioned the current evaluative methods used by the UN in granting NGO (non-governmental organization) status to non-profits within the context of civil society. Her paper addressed ways civil society may be enhanced with best practices as the UN continues to grant NGO status to non-profit organizations. She offered new evaluative methods for the UN to consider since a new wave of self-sufficiency governance and collaborations is now taking place among NGOs.
The conference brought together scholars of international studies from around the globe - from professors, post-doctoral fellows to graduate students.
The International Studies Association (ISA) was founded in 1959 to promote research and education in international affairs. With well over four thousand members in North America and around the world, ISA is the most well respected and widely known scholarly association in this field. ISA cooperates with 57 international studies organizations in over 30 countries, is a member of the International Social Science Council, and has nongovernmental consultative status with the United Nations.
Latest College News Stories
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education