International Studies Alum Invited to Present Graduate Thesis at Conference
International Studies graduate, Dyann Brown ´09, was recently invited to represent St. John Fisher College as a speaker/panelist at the International Studies Association’s Northeast Conference. Brown presented her graduate thesis at the conference, which was held in Baltimore, MD, November 6-10.
Brown’s presentation, entitled United Nation’s (UN) Evaluation of NGO Effectiveness in Civil Society, examined and questioned the current evaluative methods used by the UN in granting NGO (non-governmental organization) status to non-profits within the context of civil society. Her paper addressed ways civil society may be enhanced with best practices as the UN continues to grant NGO status to non-profit organizations. She offered new evaluative methods for the UN to consider since a new wave of self-sufficiency governance and collaborations is now taking place among NGOs.
The conference brought together scholars of international studies from around the globe - from professors, post-doctoral fellows to graduate students.
The International Studies Association (ISA) was founded in 1959 to promote research and education in international affairs. With well over four thousand members in North America and around the world, ISA is the most well respected and widely known scholarly association in this field. ISA cooperates with 57 international studies organizations in over 30 countries, is a member of the International Social Science Council, and has nongovernmental consultative status with the United Nations.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year