International Studies Alum Invited to Present Graduate Thesis at Conference
International Studies graduate, Dyann Brown ´09, was recently invited to represent St. John Fisher College as a speaker/panelist at the International Studies Association’s Northeast Conference. Brown presented her graduate thesis at the conference, which was held in Baltimore, MD, November 6-10.
Brown’s presentation, entitled United Nation’s (UN) Evaluation of NGO Effectiveness in Civil Society, examined and questioned the current evaluative methods used by the UN in granting NGO (non-governmental organization) status to non-profits within the context of civil society. Her paper addressed ways civil society may be enhanced with best practices as the UN continues to grant NGO status to non-profit organizations. She offered new evaluative methods for the UN to consider since a new wave of self-sufficiency governance and collaborations is now taking place among NGOs.
The conference brought together scholars of international studies from around the globe - from professors, post-doctoral fellows to graduate students.
The International Studies Association (ISA) was founded in 1959 to promote research and education in international affairs. With well over four thousand members in North America and around the world, ISA is the most well respected and widely known scholarly association in this field. ISA cooperates with 57 international studies organizations in over 30 countries, is a member of the International Social Science Council, and has nongovernmental consultative status with the United Nations.
Latest College News Stories
- Martínez-Hernández, Rovira-Figueroa, and Eaton presented at STANYS Conference
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement