International Studies Alum Invited to Present Graduate Thesis at Conference
International Studies graduate, Dyann Brown ´09, was recently invited to represent St. John Fisher College as a speaker/panelist at the International Studies Association’s Northeast Conference. Brown presented her graduate thesis at the conference, which was held in Baltimore, MD, November 6-10.
Brown’s presentation, entitled United Nation’s (UN) Evaluation of NGO Effectiveness in Civil Society, examined and questioned the current evaluative methods used by the UN in granting NGO (non-governmental organization) status to non-profits within the context of civil society. Her paper addressed ways civil society may be enhanced with best practices as the UN continues to grant NGO status to non-profit organizations. She offered new evaluative methods for the UN to consider since a new wave of self-sufficiency governance and collaborations is now taking place among NGOs.
The conference brought together scholars of international studies from around the globe - from professors, post-doctoral fellows to graduate students.
The International Studies Association (ISA) was founded in 1959 to promote research and education in international affairs. With well over four thousand members in North America and around the world, ISA is the most well respected and widely known scholarly association in this field. ISA cooperates with 57 international studies organizations in over 30 countries, is a member of the International Social Science Council, and has nongovernmental consultative status with the United Nations.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair