Uman Presents at National Women’s Studies Association Conference
Dr. Deborah Uman, Associate Professor of English and former director of the Women and Gender Studies Program at St. John Fisher College, recently presented a workshop at the National Women’s Studies Association (NWSA) conference in Atlanta.
Uman presented alongside colleagues from other area colleges including Nazareth College, The College at Brockport, and Monroe Community College. Their workshop highlighted their work with the Greater Rochester Consortium (GRC) of Women and Gender Studies faculty as a model for regional feminist collaborations.
The workshop was entitled, “Sticks in a Bundle: Creating Regional WGST Collaborations,” and offered participants the chance to develop hands-on strategies for constructing similar feminist collectives in their own regions. Participants learned a specific action plan to help them transform the boundaries of local programs and institutions towards avenues of empowerment and activism.
(From L to R:) Dr. Sekile Nzinga-Johnson, Nazareth College; Dr. Barb LeSavoy, The College at Brockport; Dr. Maria Brandt, MCC; and Dr. Deborah Uman.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades