Uman Presents at National Women’s Studies Association Conference
Dr. Deborah Uman, Associate Professor of English and former director of the Women and Gender Studies Program at St. John Fisher College, recently presented a workshop at the National Women’s Studies Association (NWSA) conference in Atlanta.
Uman presented alongside colleagues from other area colleges including Nazareth College, The College at Brockport, and Monroe Community College. Their workshop highlighted their work with the Greater Rochester Consortium (GRC) of Women and Gender Studies faculty as a model for regional feminist collaborations.
The workshop was entitled, “Sticks in a Bundle: Creating Regional WGST Collaborations,” and offered participants the chance to develop hands-on strategies for constructing similar feminist collectives in their own regions. Participants learned a specific action plan to help them transform the boundaries of local programs and institutions towards avenues of empowerment and activism.
(From L to R:) Dr. Sekile Nzinga-Johnson, Nazareth College; Dr. Barb LeSavoy, The College at Brockport; Dr. Maria Brandt, MCC; and Dr. Deborah Uman.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair