Uman Presents at National Women’s Studies Association Conference
Dr. Deborah Uman, Associate Professor of English and former director of the Women and Gender Studies Program at St. John Fisher College, recently presented a workshop at the National Women’s Studies Association (NWSA) conference in Atlanta.
Uman presented alongside colleagues from other area colleges including Nazareth College, The College at Brockport, and Monroe Community College. Their workshop highlighted their work with the Greater Rochester Consortium (GRC) of Women and Gender Studies faculty as a model for regional feminist collaborations.
The workshop was entitled, “Sticks in a Bundle: Creating Regional WGST Collaborations,” and offered participants the chance to develop hands-on strategies for constructing similar feminist collectives in their own regions. Participants learned a specific action plan to help them transform the boundaries of local programs and institutions towards avenues of empowerment and activism.
(From L to R:) Dr. Sekile Nzinga-Johnson, Nazareth College; Dr. Barb LeSavoy, The College at Brockport; Dr. Maria Brandt, MCC; and Dr. Deborah Uman.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Accounting Professor Selected for Third Fulbright
- Lavery Librarians Win Audience Award at Fast Pitch Competition
- Share Your Family Recipes with the Fisher Cookbook
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fall Athletes Achieve Historic Seasons for Fisher
- Stress Free Week Activities Help Ease Finals Frenzy
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors