Uman Presents at National Women’s Studies Association Conference
Dr. Deborah Uman, Associate Professor of English and former director of the Women and Gender Studies Program at St. John Fisher College, recently presented a workshop at the National Women’s Studies Association (NWSA) conference in Atlanta.
Uman presented alongside colleagues from other area colleges including Nazareth College, The College at Brockport, and Monroe Community College. Their workshop highlighted their work with the Greater Rochester Consortium (GRC) of Women and Gender Studies faculty as a model for regional feminist collaborations.
The workshop was entitled, “Sticks in a Bundle: Creating Regional WGST Collaborations,” and offered participants the chance to develop hands-on strategies for constructing similar feminist collectives in their own regions. Participants learned a specific action plan to help them transform the boundaries of local programs and institutions towards avenues of empowerment and activism.
(From L to R:) Dr. Sekile Nzinga-Johnson, Nazareth College; Dr. Barb LeSavoy, The College at Brockport; Dr. Maria Brandt, MCC; and Dr. Deborah Uman.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence