Uman Presents at National Women’s Studies Association Conference
Dr. Deborah Uman, Associate Professor of English and former director of the Women and Gender Studies Program at St. John Fisher College, recently presented a workshop at the National Women’s Studies Association (NWSA) conference in Atlanta.
Uman presented alongside colleagues from other area colleges including Nazareth College, The College at Brockport, and Monroe Community College. Their workshop highlighted their work with the Greater Rochester Consortium (GRC) of Women and Gender Studies faculty as a model for regional feminist collaborations.
The workshop was entitled, “Sticks in a Bundle: Creating Regional WGST Collaborations,” and offered participants the chance to develop hands-on strategies for constructing similar feminist collectives in their own regions. Participants learned a specific action plan to help them transform the boundaries of local programs and institutions towards avenues of empowerment and activism.
(From L to R:) Dr. Sekile Nzinga-Johnson, Nazareth College; Dr. Barb LeSavoy, The College at Brockport; Dr. Maria Brandt, MCC; and Dr. Deborah Uman.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner