Fisher to Host 2016 NCAA Men's Golf Championship
The NCAA has announced that St. John Fisher College and Rochester, N.Y., will host the 2016 NCAA Division III Men's Golf Championships. The event will be held at Mendon Golf Club and Midvale Country Club.
Rochester last hosted the NCAA Golf Championship in 1985 as Cal State Stanislaus defeated UC San Diego to claim the crown.
The Cardinals have also hosted an NCAA Championship before as the 2003 and 2004 Women's Lacrosse Championships were decided on the Growney Stadium turf.
The nationally ranked Cardinals have made five appearances at the NCAA Division III Championship, with its best finish coming in 2008 when they finished third overall after leading through three rounds. That year, Scott Harris Jr. won Fisher's only national championship in the College's history, placing first in the individual standings.
Rochester has a rich tradition of hosting championship level golf tournaments including the P.G.A. Championship in 2013, which was played at Oak Hill Country Club and the Wegman's LPGA Championship which will take place on August 11-17, 2014 at Monroe Golf Club.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference