OIT Staff Member Receives Award
Fisher’s own Andrew Auriemma, Technical Support Specialist, has been named the Help Desk Institute (HDI) Western and Central New York Chapter Desktop Support Technician of the Year.
The HDI Desktop Support Technician Award recognizes technicians that exemplify the best of the best in the industry. Auriemma was selected from a pool of member nominations from institutions including Paychex, M&T Bank, the University of Rochester Medical Center, Hobart And William Smith Colleges, and the Rochester Institute of Technology, to name a few.
Award recipients demonstrate extraordinary commitment, dedication, technical aptitude, and service to customers while consistently exceeding performance objectives. Auriemma will move on to the regional competition, and if selected, he will be invited to the HDI National Conference where he will be eligible to win the national award.
HDI is the professional association and certification body for the technical service and support industry.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students