Student Art Show in Library; Opening Reception Tonight
Senior Dale Bowers will host an opening reception on Thursday, December 8, for his art show in the St. John Fisher College Lavery Library Main Level Gallery. The reception will take place from 4:30-6:30 p.m., and light refreshments will be served.
The show was Bowers’ arts capstone project, and was completed under the direction of Professor Stephen Piper. Bowers’ main interest is sport photography. He has been the staff photographer for the Rochester Americans and Knighthawks. Additionally, he has worked with the Rochester Rhinos, Buffalo Bills, and other major sports teams.
His worked has been displayed by organizations such as the American Hockey League, National Hockey League, USA Today, Hamilton Spectator (Canada), The Expressen (Sweden), and The Positiviteter (Sweden).
Bowers will be graduating this month with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, with a minor in Visual and Performing Arts. His exhibit will run through January 2, 2012.
One of Bowers' photos in the exhibit.
Latest College News Stories
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff