Student Art Show in Library; Opening Reception Tonight
Senior Dale Bowers will host an opening reception on Thursday, December 8, for his art show in the St. John Fisher College Lavery Library Main Level Gallery. The reception will take place from 4:30-6:30 p.m., and light refreshments will be served.
The show was Bowers’ arts capstone project, and was completed under the direction of Professor Stephen Piper. Bowers’ main interest is sport photography. He has been the staff photographer for the Rochester Americans and Knighthawks. Additionally, he has worked with the Rochester Rhinos, Buffalo Bills, and other major sports teams.
His worked has been displayed by organizations such as the American Hockey League, National Hockey League, USA Today, Hamilton Spectator (Canada), The Expressen (Sweden), and The Positiviteter (Sweden).
Bowers will be graduating this month with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, with a minor in Visual and Performing Arts. His exhibit will run through January 2, 2012.
One of Bowers' photos in the exhibit.
Latest College News Stories
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015