Student Art Show in Library; Opening Reception Tonight
Senior Dale Bowers will host an opening reception on Thursday, December 8, for his art show in the St. John Fisher College Lavery Library Main Level Gallery. The reception will take place from 4:30-6:30 p.m., and light refreshments will be served.
The show was Bowers’ arts capstone project, and was completed under the direction of Professor Stephen Piper. Bowers’ main interest is sport photography. He has been the staff photographer for the Rochester Americans and Knighthawks. Additionally, he has worked with the Rochester Rhinos, Buffalo Bills, and other major sports teams.
His worked has been displayed by organizations such as the American Hockey League, National Hockey League, USA Today, Hamilton Spectator (Canada), The Expressen (Sweden), and The Positiviteter (Sweden).
Bowers will be graduating this month with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, with a minor in Visual and Performing Arts. His exhibit will run through January 2, 2012.
One of Bowers' photos in the exhibit.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia