Kimaru Awarded Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship
Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor of Chemistry, has received a Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship (ADF), a scholar fellowship program for educational projects at African higher education institutions administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
Kimaru will become an African Diaspora Fellow and engage in an educational project on curriculum co-development and research in Analytical and Environmental Chemistry at Kenya Methodist University in spring 2015.
The program is offered by IIE in partnership with Quinnipiac University, and is funded by a two-year grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York (CCNY) to support 100 short-term faculty fellowships for African-born academics.
One of the goals of the project is to bring together a group of interdisciplinary science professors to develop a partnership aimed at designing and implementing interdisciplinary research service-learning activities in order to strengthen science literacy among college students. In addition, the program aims to provide a mechanism of evaluating the environmental impact of coal mining, gas exploration, and general mining activities, and issues related to counterfeit pharmaceutical products in Kenya.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain