Kimaru Awarded Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship
Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor of Chemistry, has received a Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship (ADF), a scholar fellowship program for educational projects at African higher education institutions administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
Kimaru will become an African Diaspora Fellow and engage in an educational project on curriculum co-development and research in Analytical and Environmental Chemistry at Kenya Methodist University in spring 2015.
The program is offered by IIE in partnership with Quinnipiac University, and is funded by a two-year grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York (CCNY) to support 100 short-term faculty fellowships for African-born academics.
One of the goals of the project is to bring together a group of interdisciplinary science professors to develop a partnership aimed at designing and implementing interdisciplinary research service-learning activities in order to strengthen science literacy among college students. In addition, the program aims to provide a mechanism of evaluating the environmental impact of coal mining, gas exploration, and general mining activities, and issues related to counterfeit pharmaceutical products in Kenya.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference