Kimaru Awarded Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship
Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor of Chemistry, has received a Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship (ADF), a scholar fellowship program for educational projects at African higher education institutions administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
Kimaru will become an African Diaspora Fellow and engage in an educational project on curriculum co-development and research in Analytical and Environmental Chemistry at Kenya Methodist University in spring 2015.
The program is offered by IIE in partnership with Quinnipiac University, and is funded by a two-year grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York (CCNY) to support 100 short-term faculty fellowships for African-born academics.
One of the goals of the project is to bring together a group of interdisciplinary science professors to develop a partnership aimed at designing and implementing interdisciplinary research service-learning activities in order to strengthen science literacy among college students. In addition, the program aims to provide a mechanism of evaluating the environmental impact of coal mining, gas exploration, and general mining activities, and issues related to counterfeit pharmaceutical products in Kenya.
Latest College News Stories
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week