Kimaru Awarded Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship
Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor of Chemistry, has received a Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship (ADF), a scholar fellowship program for educational projects at African higher education institutions administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
Kimaru will become an African Diaspora Fellow and engage in an educational project on curriculum co-development and research in Analytical and Environmental Chemistry at Kenya Methodist University in spring 2015.
The program is offered by IIE in partnership with Quinnipiac University, and is funded by a two-year grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York (CCNY) to support 100 short-term faculty fellowships for African-born academics.
One of the goals of the project is to bring together a group of interdisciplinary science professors to develop a partnership aimed at designing and implementing interdisciplinary research service-learning activities in order to strengthen science literacy among college students. In addition, the program aims to provide a mechanism of evaluating the environmental impact of coal mining, gas exploration, and general mining activities, and issues related to counterfeit pharmaceutical products in Kenya.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes