Madigan Presents in New Zealand
Timothy Madigan, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, traveled to New Zealand January 5-7 to present at the Seventh International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, and Social Sustainability.
The conference took place at the University of Waikato, in Hamilton, New Zealand. It was Madigan’s first time presenting at this conference, and his talk centered around the influence of evolutionary theory on ethical thinking.
The conference is held annually in different locations around the world, and aims to bring professionals from various fields and perspectives together to address sustainability.
In recent years, it has been held in Ecuador, Malaysia, India, and Vietnam. The 2012 Conference is scheduled for January 10-12 at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner