Madigan Presents in New Zealand
Timothy Madigan, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, traveled to New Zealand January 5-7 to present at the Seventh International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, and Social Sustainability.
The conference took place at the University of Waikato, in Hamilton, New Zealand. It was Madigan’s first time presenting at this conference, and his talk centered around the influence of evolutionary theory on ethical thinking.
The conference is held annually in different locations around the world, and aims to bring professionals from various fields and perspectives together to address sustainability.
In recent years, it has been held in Ecuador, Malaysia, India, and Vietnam. The 2012 Conference is scheduled for January 10-12 at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain