Madigan Presents in New Zealand
Timothy Madigan, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, traveled to New Zealand January 5-7 to present at the Seventh International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, and Social Sustainability.
The conference took place at the University of Waikato, in Hamilton, New Zealand. It was Madigan’s first time presenting at this conference, and his talk centered around the influence of evolutionary theory on ethical thinking.
The conference is held annually in different locations around the world, and aims to bring professionals from various fields and perspectives together to address sustainability.
In recent years, it has been held in Ecuador, Malaysia, India, and Vietnam. The 2012 Conference is scheduled for January 10-12 at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference