Faculty Members Honored in Upcoming Poets Walk
The work of two St. John Fisher College faculty members, M.J. Iuppa and Sara Freligh, will be featured in this coming weekend’s Poets Walk at the Memorial Art Gallery Auditorium.
On Sunday, November 13, from 2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., Iuppa and Freligh will be honored with other local poets who have been chosen to be part of Poet’s Walk. Over 40 poets will read their poem, with a reception immediately following the readings in the Gallery atrium. In addition, faculty members Dr. Rubén Gómez and Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, will read selected poems.
Poets Walk is part of the Art Walk Extension Enhancements Project, a public art and urban design project in the Neighborhood of the Arts, led by the City of Rochester. The project involves a wide range of local cultural and educational partners, including the Memorial Art Gallery and Writers & Books.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year