Faculty Members Honored in Upcoming Poets Walk
The work of two St. John Fisher College faculty members, M.J. Iuppa and Sara Freligh, will be featured in this coming weekend’s Poets Walk at the Memorial Art Gallery Auditorium.
On Sunday, November 13, from 2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., Iuppa and Freligh will be honored with other local poets who have been chosen to be part of Poet’s Walk. Over 40 poets will read their poem, with a reception immediately following the readings in the Gallery atrium. In addition, faculty members Dr. Rubén Gómez and Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, will read selected poems.
Poets Walk is part of the Art Walk Extension Enhancements Project, a public art and urban design project in the Neighborhood of the Arts, led by the City of Rochester. The project involves a wide range of local cultural and educational partners, including the Memorial Art Gallery and Writers & Books.
Latest College News Stories
- Investment Club Students, Finance Pros Celebrate During Shareholders’ Report Dinner
- Relay for Life Celebrates, Remembers, and Fights Against Cancer
- Countdown to Commencement: Tyrese Bryant
- Dr. Theresa Westbay Named Interim Dean of St. John Fisher College School of Arts and Sciences
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year