Faculty Members Honored in Upcoming Poets Walk
The work of two St. John Fisher College faculty members, M.J. Iuppa and Sara Freligh, will be featured in this coming weekend’s Poets Walk at the Memorial Art Gallery Auditorium.
On Sunday, November 13, from 2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., Iuppa and Freligh will be honored with other local poets who have been chosen to be part of Poet’s Walk. Over 40 poets will read their poem, with a reception immediately following the readings in the Gallery atrium. In addition, faculty members Dr. Rubén Gómez and Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, will read selected poems.
Poets Walk is part of the Art Walk Extension Enhancements Project, a public art and urban design project in the Neighborhood of the Arts, led by the City of Rochester. The project involves a wide range of local cultural and educational partners, including the Memorial Art Gallery and Writers & Books.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program