Faculty Members Honored in Upcoming Poets Walk
The work of two St. John Fisher College faculty members, M.J. Iuppa and Sara Freligh, will be featured in this coming weekend’s Poets Walk at the Memorial Art Gallery Auditorium.
On Sunday, November 13, from 2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., Iuppa and Freligh will be honored with other local poets who have been chosen to be part of Poet’s Walk. Over 40 poets will read their poem, with a reception immediately following the readings in the Gallery atrium. In addition, faculty members Dr. Rubén Gómez and Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, will read selected poems.
Poets Walk is part of the Art Walk Extension Enhancements Project, a public art and urban design project in the Neighborhood of the Arts, led by the City of Rochester. The project involves a wide range of local cultural and educational partners, including the Memorial Art Gallery and Writers & Books.
Latest College News Stories
- On “The Verge” – Students Concept Binge-Watching TV Experience, Premiere May 1
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards