Faculty Members Honored in Upcoming Poets Walk
The work of two St. John Fisher College faculty members, M.J. Iuppa and Sara Freligh, will be featured in this coming weekend’s Poets Walk at the Memorial Art Gallery Auditorium.
On Sunday, November 13, from 2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., Iuppa and Freligh will be honored with other local poets who have been chosen to be part of Poet’s Walk. Over 40 poets will read their poem, with a reception immediately following the readings in the Gallery atrium. In addition, faculty members Dr. Rubén Gómez and Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, will read selected poems.
Poets Walk is part of the Art Walk Extension Enhancements Project, a public art and urban design project in the Neighborhood of the Arts, led by the City of Rochester. The project involves a wide range of local cultural and educational partners, including the Memorial Art Gallery and Writers & Books.
Latest College News Stories
- Bio Students Present Research
- Ceremony Showcases Service-Learning at Fisher
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization