Fisher Marketing Club Sponsors Video Contest
St. John Fisher College’s American Marketing Association (AMA) Chapter is sponsoring the “AMA Saves Lives” video contest through the end of this month, and is currently looking for submissions. The contest goal is to increase awareness of the need for organ donation, and to inspire people to become registered organ donors.
Submitted videos will be uploaded to YouTube. Winners will be chosen in the following categories: Number of Views; Number of Videos Uploaded (the Fisher chapter will be judged in this category); Best Video; Most Creative/Original; Most Fun/Entertaining.
- Must be 30 seconds or longer
-Must promote organ donation/registration
-Must mention St. John Fisher College
-Must direct viewers to www.AMAsaveslives.com
-Must be formatted as: mpg, flv, wmv, swf, avi, mp4
-Submitted videos will be uploaded YouTube, participants will receive an email with the link to their video. Promote it!
-Deadline for submissions is December 1.
-Submit via CD or flash drive. Submit early so you can promote your video and increase your chances to win the “Number of Views” category!
-Submit on Tuesdays in K314 during free period, Thursdays in the K300 suite during free period, or to Dr. Monica Hodis (K300D) on Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30 p.m. or Thursdays from 3:30-5:00 p.m.
The chapter will host an awards gala on December 8 during free period in the Campus Center Main Stage, where $500 worth of prizes will be awarded. The “Best Video” category will be judged by three faculty members including Dr. Todd Sodano, Tom Proietti, and Dr. Hodis. The winner of that category will receive a Samsung Blu-Ray player.
For more information, visit the chapter's Facebook page.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems