Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International
Maria Siler ’14, an Accounting major, and Zack Miller ’14, Corporate Finance major, were recently recognized by the Rochester Chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI) at the chapter's Scholars Award Dinner on February 12. Siler received a $1,000 scholarship, while Miller received a $250 award in recognition of being nominated as Fisher's Outstanding Graduating student this year. Dr. Tom Tyson, Professor of Accounting, and Dr. Merouane Lakehal-Ayat, Professor of Finance, recommended the two students for the awards.
Students who receive these awards are recognized by faculty for their outstanding academic achievements, participation and character development through extracurricular activities, and potential for future business leadership.
Siler has excelled in all of her courses throughout her academic career at St. John Fisher College, presently maintaining a 4.0 GPA. She has also been an accounting tutor and served as the Vice President of Financial Affairs for the Student Government Association (SGA). Currently, she is working as an Accounting Office Clerk at Wegmans and as a Tax Intern for Tom Walpole, CPA. After graduation, Siler will continue her education by pursuing her MBA and interning at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Miller has also been very involved in the Fisher community by serving as a Teaching Assistant for Dr. Lakehal-Ayat in the Finance Department and becoming a member of the Investment Club on campus. He is currently interning at First American Equipment Finance in Fairport, and hopes to become a portfolio manager for financial services after graduation.
“The Rochester Chapter of Financial Executives International contains financial executives that represent a broad range of companies and industries. I am greatly appreciative and honored to be recognized amongst these leaders in finance and accounting, who serve as role models to young professionals such as myself,” said Miller.
FEI was founded in 1931, and their mission is to advance the success of senior-level financial executives, their organizations, and the profession. The Rochester chapter currently has 145 members.
Latest College News Stories
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy