Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International
Maria Siler ’14, an Accounting major, and Zack Miller ’14, Corporate Finance major, were recently recognized by the Rochester Chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI) at the chapter's Scholars Award Dinner on February 12. Siler received a $1,000 scholarship, while Miller received a $250 award in recognition of being nominated as Fisher's Outstanding Graduating student this year. Dr. Tom Tyson, Professor of Accounting, and Dr. Merouane Lakehal-Ayat, Professor of Finance, recommended the two students for the awards.
Students who receive these awards are recognized by faculty for their outstanding academic achievements, participation and character development through extracurricular activities, and potential for future business leadership.
Siler has excelled in all of her courses throughout her academic career at St. John Fisher College, presently maintaining a 4.0 GPA. She has also been an accounting tutor and served as the Vice President of Financial Affairs for the Student Government Association (SGA). Currently, she is working as an Accounting Office Clerk at Wegmans and as a Tax Intern for Tom Walpole, CPA. After graduation, Siler will continue her education by pursuing her MBA and interning at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Miller has also been very involved in the Fisher community by serving as a Teaching Assistant for Dr. Lakehal-Ayat in the Finance Department and becoming a member of the Investment Club on campus. He is currently interning at First American Equipment Finance in Fairport, and hopes to become a portfolio manager for financial services after graduation.
“The Rochester Chapter of Financial Executives International contains financial executives that represent a broad range of companies and industries. I am greatly appreciative and honored to be recognized amongst these leaders in finance and accounting, who serve as role models to young professionals such as myself,” said Miller.
FEI was founded in 1931, and their mission is to advance the success of senior-level financial executives, their organizations, and the profession. The Rochester chapter currently has 145 members.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans