Over 300 Fisher Families Attend Family Weekend 2012
Over 300 Fisher families attended Family Weekend 2012, which took place October 19-21 on the Fisher campus.
As always, the weekend was full of family-friendly activities. Casino Night kicked off the weekend, hosted by the Student Activities Board (SAB). Students and their families tried their luck playing casino-style games with play money, but real prizes.
Festivities continued Saturday with the Fisher Authors Highlight event in the College Bookstore, which featured literary and academic publishing of the College’s faculty and staff.
Two big athletic events also took place Saturday, with the men’s soccer team taking on Stevens College and the football team facing Ithaca College. The Hospitality Tent on the Keating Terrace, sponsored by the Class of 2014, was open during the football game, and several of Fisher’s student organizations participated in various activities, family games, and fundraisers.
The Dean’s Award Ceremony on Saturday honored those whose academic achievement during the Fall and Spring semesters of 2011 – 2012 earned them the recognition of being named to the Dean’s List.
The Muslim Student Association and the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs held the inaugural Fast-a-Thon, inviting families to learn more about the Muslim tradition of fasting. And the Resident Student Association hosted a Haunted Walk behind Murphy Hall and through the golf course.
To end the weekend, Fisher Players hosted the popular Murder Mystery, and invited families to travel back in time to the roaring 20s at a popular juice joint and try and answer the question, “Who did it?”
Special thanks to the Office of Campus Life, Campus Ministry, Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, Muslim Student Association, Fisher Players, Resident Student Association, the Class of 2014, Lackmann Culinary Services, Athletic Department, and SAB for planning another successful family weekend.
Latest College News Stories
- Clark Honored with Teddi Award
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum