Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum
Brendan Kazmierski, one of the College's Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) co-liaisons, recently represented the School of Business and the Fisher chapter at the annual BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum in Tampa, Florida. The forum took place from November 7-10 at the BGS headquarters.
The forum provides an opportunity for a limited number of BGS members from across the United States to improve their leadership skills through team-building exercises, social events, networking, and other developmental activities. This interactive educational experience provided Kazmierski with a new perspective on leading the Fisher BGS chapter this year.
“One of the most beneficial experiences at the forum was the concept of developing your own identity beyond the résumé and becoming a well-rounded individual who lives out the BGS values,” said Kazmierski.
This year, the College’s BGS chapter has not one, but two student liaisons leading the charge with Kazmierski and Jacquelyn Cowley, both senior Accounting majors.
Kazmierski has maintained an active role in the Rochester community working as an Accountant for Cerion Enterprises, LLC, where he was able to utilize the skills and knowledge previously learned in the classroom and apply them in a real-world work scenario. In addition to his contributions to the accounting community, Kazmierski currently holds the role of a captain on the College’s Men's Varsity Soccer team and volunteers with youth teams in the area. Upon completion of his undergraduate degree in May, Kazmierski will continue to pursue his education in Fisher’s MBA program.
Cowley actively shows her support in the accounting community by serving as the Chair of the College’s Accounting Club and attending leadership forums at various accounting firms. Aside from her accounting involvement, Cowley holds a leadership position on the Teddi Committee, and volunteers her time at Camp Good Days and Special Times over the summer. She plans on attending graduate school to pursue a Master's of Tax degree. She is scheduled to attend the annual Student Leadership Forum next spring.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems