Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum
Brendan Kazmierski, one of the College's Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) co-liaisons, recently represented the School of Business and the Fisher chapter at the annual BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum in Tampa, Florida. The forum took place from November 7-10 at the BGS headquarters.
The forum provides an opportunity for a limited number of BGS members from across the United States to improve their leadership skills through team-building exercises, social events, networking, and other developmental activities. This interactive educational experience provided Kazmierski with a new perspective on leading the Fisher BGS chapter this year.
“One of the most beneficial experiences at the forum was the concept of developing your own identity beyond the résumé and becoming a well-rounded individual who lives out the BGS values,” said Kazmierski.
This year, the College’s BGS chapter has not one, but two student liaisons leading the charge with Kazmierski and Jacquelyn Cowley, both senior Accounting majors.
Kazmierski has maintained an active role in the Rochester community working as an Accountant for Cerion Enterprises, LLC, where he was able to utilize the skills and knowledge previously learned in the classroom and apply them in a real-world work scenario. In addition to his contributions to the accounting community, Kazmierski currently holds the role of a captain on the College’s Men's Varsity Soccer team and volunteers with youth teams in the area. Upon completion of his undergraduate degree in May, Kazmierski will continue to pursue his education in Fisher’s MBA program.
Cowley actively shows her support in the accounting community by serving as the Chair of the College’s Accounting Club and attending leadership forums at various accounting firms. Aside from her accounting involvement, Cowley holds a leadership position on the Teddi Committee, and volunteers her time at Camp Good Days and Special Times over the summer. She plans on attending graduate school to pursue a Master's of Tax degree. She is scheduled to attend the annual Student Leadership Forum next spring.
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance