Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum
Brendan Kazmierski, one of the College's Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) co-liaisons, recently represented the School of Business and the Fisher chapter at the annual BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum in Tampa, Florida. The forum took place from November 7-10 at the BGS headquarters.
The forum provides an opportunity for a limited number of BGS members from across the United States to improve their leadership skills through team-building exercises, social events, networking, and other developmental activities. This interactive educational experience provided Kazmierski with a new perspective on leading the Fisher BGS chapter this year.
“One of the most beneficial experiences at the forum was the concept of developing your own identity beyond the résumé and becoming a well-rounded individual who lives out the BGS values,” said Kazmierski.
This year, the College’s BGS chapter has not one, but two student liaisons leading the charge with Kazmierski and Jacquelyn Cowley, both senior Accounting majors.
Kazmierski has maintained an active role in the Rochester community working as an Accountant for Cerion Enterprises, LLC, where he was able to utilize the skills and knowledge previously learned in the classroom and apply them in a real-world work scenario. In addition to his contributions to the accounting community, Kazmierski currently holds the role of a captain on the College’s Men's Varsity Soccer team and volunteers with youth teams in the area. Upon completion of his undergraduate degree in May, Kazmierski will continue to pursue his education in Fisher’s MBA program.
Cowley actively shows her support in the accounting community by serving as the Chair of the College’s Accounting Club and attending leadership forums at various accounting firms. Aside from her accounting involvement, Cowley holds a leadership position on the Teddi Committee, and volunteers her time at Camp Good Days and Special Times over the summer. She plans on attending graduate school to pursue a Master's of Tax degree. She is scheduled to attend the annual Student Leadership Forum next spring.
Latest College News Stories
- Clark Honored with Teddi Award
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum