Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum
Brendan Kazmierski, one of the College's Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) co-liaisons, recently represented the School of Business and the Fisher chapter at the annual BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum in Tampa, Florida. The forum took place from November 7-10 at the BGS headquarters.
The forum provides an opportunity for a limited number of BGS members from across the United States to improve their leadership skills through team-building exercises, social events, networking, and other developmental activities. This interactive educational experience provided Kazmierski with a new perspective on leading the Fisher BGS chapter this year.
“One of the most beneficial experiences at the forum was the concept of developing your own identity beyond the résumé and becoming a well-rounded individual who lives out the BGS values,” said Kazmierski.
This year, the College’s BGS chapter has not one, but two student liaisons leading the charge with Kazmierski and Jacquelyn Cowley, both senior Accounting majors.
Kazmierski has maintained an active role in the Rochester community working as an Accountant for Cerion Enterprises, LLC, where he was able to utilize the skills and knowledge previously learned in the classroom and apply them in a real-world work scenario. In addition to his contributions to the accounting community, Kazmierski currently holds the role of a captain on the College’s Men's Varsity Soccer team and volunteers with youth teams in the area. Upon completion of his undergraduate degree in May, Kazmierski will continue to pursue his education in Fisher’s MBA program.
Cowley actively shows her support in the accounting community by serving as the Chair of the College’s Accounting Club and attending leadership forums at various accounting firms. Aside from her accounting involvement, Cowley holds a leadership position on the Teddi Committee, and volunteers her time at Camp Good Days and Special Times over the summer. She plans on attending graduate school to pursue a Master's of Tax degree. She is scheduled to attend the annual Student Leadership Forum next spring.
Latest College News Stories
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club