Cooney Miner is 2013 Athena Award Finalist
Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, Dean, Wegmans School of Nursing, has been selected as one of 15 finalists for the 2013 Athena Award. The annual award is presented by the Women’s Council of the Rochester Business Alliance.
The Athena Award recognizes women who fulfill the following criteria: demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession; provide valuable service by contributing time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community; and actively assist women in realizing their full leadership potential.
Jennifer Wilson, a graduate of Fisher's Ed.D. in Executive Leadership program, nominated Cooney Miner. Wilson said that during her time in the Ed.D. program at Fisher, Cooney Miner was an influential faculty member and mentor to her.
“She creates an environment in which everyone can be successful. She is a phenomenal mentor to professional women, and exemplifies a leader who walks the talk,” said Wilson.
The 2013 winner will be announced on January 24.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades