Madigan Presents at Conference
Dr. Tim Madigan, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, recently presented at the 42nd Annual Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association Conference in Boston. The conference took place on April 12.
Madigan presented, “Aristotle’s Email: Friendship in the Age of Facebook,” analyzing the ancient Greek philosopher’s Nichomachean Ethics, a book series where he categorizes three different types of friendship: friendships of utility, friendships of pleasure, and friendships of the good. During the talk, Madigan explored how social networking has made it possible for friendships of all three categories to thrive and prosper in ways Aristotle could never have anticipated.
Madigan serves on the organization’s executive board, and has arranged for its regional society, the Northeastern Popular/American Culture Association, to hold its annual meeting at Fisher this October. For more information about that event, contact him directly at email@example.com.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website