Madigan Presents at Conference
Dr. Tim Madigan, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, recently presented at the 42nd Annual Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association Conference in Boston. The conference took place on April 12.
Madigan presented, “Aristotle’s Email: Friendship in the Age of Facebook,” analyzing the ancient Greek philosopher’s Nichomachean Ethics, a book series where he categorizes three different types of friendship: friendships of utility, friendships of pleasure, and friendships of the good. During the talk, Madigan explored how social networking has made it possible for friendships of all three categories to thrive and prosper in ways Aristotle could never have anticipated.
Madigan serves on the organization’s executive board, and has arranged for its regional society, the Northeastern Popular/American Culture Association, to hold its annual meeting at Fisher this October. For more information about that event, contact him directly at email@example.com.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence