Madigan Presents at Conference
Dr. Tim Madigan, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, recently presented at the 42nd Annual Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association Conference in Boston. The conference took place on April 12.
Madigan presented, “Aristotle’s Email: Friendship in the Age of Facebook,” analyzing the ancient Greek philosopher’s Nichomachean Ethics, a book series where he categorizes three different types of friendship: friendships of utility, friendships of pleasure, and friendships of the good. During the talk, Madigan explored how social networking has made it possible for friendships of all three categories to thrive and prosper in ways Aristotle could never have anticipated.
Madigan serves on the organization’s executive board, and has arranged for its regional society, the Northeastern Popular/American Culture Association, to hold its annual meeting at Fisher this October. For more information about that event, contact him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Young Camper to be Remembered at Teddi Dance
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”