Madigan Presents at Conference
Dr. Tim Madigan, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, recently presented at the 42nd Annual Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association Conference in Boston. The conference took place on April 12.
Madigan presented, “Aristotle’s Email: Friendship in the Age of Facebook,” analyzing the ancient Greek philosopher’s Nichomachean Ethics, a book series where he categorizes three different types of friendship: friendships of utility, friendships of pleasure, and friendships of the good. During the talk, Madigan explored how social networking has made it possible for friendships of all three categories to thrive and prosper in ways Aristotle could never have anticipated.
Madigan serves on the organization’s executive board, and has arranged for its regional society, the Northeastern Popular/American Culture Association, to hold its annual meeting at Fisher this October. For more information about that event, contact him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course