Madigan Presents at Conference
Dr. Tim Madigan, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, recently presented at the 42nd Annual Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association Conference in Boston. The conference took place on April 12.
Madigan presented, “Aristotle’s Email: Friendship in the Age of Facebook,” analyzing the ancient Greek philosopher’s Nichomachean Ethics, a book series where he categorizes three different types of friendship: friendships of utility, friendships of pleasure, and friendships of the good. During the talk, Madigan explored how social networking has made it possible for friendships of all three categories to thrive and prosper in ways Aristotle could never have anticipated.
Madigan serves on the organization’s executive board, and has arranged for its regional society, the Northeastern Popular/American Culture Association, to hold its annual meeting at Fisher this October. For more information about that event, contact him directly at email@example.com.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study