Collaborative Costume Concert for Conservation Scheduled for October 25
Halloween will get an early start at Fisher with the Costume Concert for Conservation, an educational and entertaining event that will take place on Thursday, October 25, from 6:00-8:30 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage. The event is being sponsored by the Biology Club.
The event will feature a costume contest, raffles with huge prizes, and refreshments. Admission is free, but attendees are asked to bring plastic bottles to recycle, and will receive one raffle ticket for every 20 bottles they bring. Those who attend in costume will get three raffle tickets. Prizes include Wegmans, Cheesecake Factory, and Barnes & Noble gift cards, along with a bicycle donated by the Basilian Fathers.
Music will be performed by Big Tuna and the Fishermen, the faculty and staff group.
Attendees will also learn about their own carbon footprint as educational and informational booths will be set up throughout the event. The booths were created by students and faculty and address a number of environmental issues including water and electricity conservation, pharmaceutical disposal, commuting, and recycling, to name a few.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative