Collaborative Costume Concert for Conservation Scheduled for October 25
Halloween will get an early start at Fisher with the Costume Concert for Conservation, an educational and entertaining event that will take place on Thursday, October 25, from 6:00-8:30 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage. The event is being sponsored by the Biology Club.
The event will feature a costume contest, raffles with huge prizes, and refreshments. Admission is free, but attendees are asked to bring plastic bottles to recycle, and will receive one raffle ticket for every 20 bottles they bring. Those who attend in costume will get three raffle tickets. Prizes include Wegmans, Cheesecake Factory, and Barnes & Noble gift cards, along with a bicycle donated by the Basilian Fathers.
Music will be performed by Big Tuna and the Fishermen, the faculty and staff group.
Attendees will also learn about their own carbon footprint as educational and informational booths will be set up throughout the event. The booths were created by students and faculty and address a number of environmental issues including water and electricity conservation, pharmaceutical disposal, commuting, and recycling, to name a few.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources