C/J Students Head to D.C.
Five St. John Fisher College Communication/Journalism students recently returned from an alumni networking trip to Washington, D.C.
The students, who are all enrolled in an Advanced Public Relations course taught by Professor Kyle Reinson, met with alums from a variety of communication businesses including one from Hill and Knowlton Strategies, a global public relations firm.
Each spring, the students work with the Office of Alumni Relations at the College to plan the trip, which also includes social mixers aimed at fostering more networking opportunities.
In past years, the class has traveled to New York City and Boston.
The group visits Hill and Knowlton. From L to R: Professor Kyle Reinson, Joshua Lamel (Senior VP), Vanessa Truskey (Fisher Alum and VP), Mike Pasley, Jenna Huether, Emily Clary, Nicholette Simonelli, and Matt Fowler.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine