C/J Students Head to D.C.
Five St. John Fisher College Communication/Journalism students recently returned from an alumni networking trip to Washington, D.C.
The students, who are all enrolled in an Advanced Public Relations course taught by Professor Kyle Reinson, met with alums from a variety of communication businesses including one from Hill and Knowlton Strategies, a global public relations firm.
Each spring, the students work with the Office of Alumni Relations at the College to plan the trip, which also includes social mixers aimed at fostering more networking opportunities.
In past years, the class has traveled to New York City and Boston.
The group visits Hill and Knowlton. From L to R: Professor Kyle Reinson, Joshua Lamel (Senior VP), Vanessa Truskey (Fisher Alum and VP), Mike Pasley, Jenna Huether, Emily Clary, Nicholette Simonelli, and Matt Fowler.
Latest College News Stories
- Investment Club Students, Finance Pros Celebrate During Shareholders’ Report Dinner
- Relay for Life Celebrates, Remembers, and Fights Against Cancer
- Countdown to Commencement: Tyrese Bryant
- Dr. Theresa Westbay Named Interim Dean of St. John Fisher College School of Arts and Sciences
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year