Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Patient Health Education Days
Wegmans School of Pharmacy P-3 students from Concepts in Pharmacy Practice class, taught by Dr. Lillian Kang and Assistant Professor Anthony Corigliano, held several health education days in November.
The students prepared posters and pamphlets focusing on current topics in health education. Displays were set up outside of the Haffey Hall dining area for patients, staff, and visitors from Highland Hospital.
Health Literacy is a problem that affects many types of patients, regardless of age, race, socioeconomic class and educational level. So, the goal of the students was to provide small clinical pearls of health information useful to the on- and off-campus communities.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins Liberty League for Rowing
- Lavigne Participates in Two Conferences
- Recent Grad Reaches Semi-Finals of Peace First Competition
- Smith Named Academy of Nursing Education Fellow
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant from the New York Higher Education Services Corporation Grant
- University Preparatory Charter School for Young Men (UPREP) Holds Classes on Campus
- St. John Fisher College Annual Golf Tournament Raises $139,000
- Fisher Accounting Storms Europe
- Fisher Hosts a “Rochester Irish Gathering”
- College of New Rochelle Ed.D. Cohort Treated to Inspirational Guest Speaker
- Alumni Recognized at 2013 Financial Executive of the Year Awards
- English Club Donates Books to School No. 19
- Education Faculty Produce Documentary with East High School Students
- Fisher Takes on the 2013 Corporate Challenge
- School of Education Hosts Professional Development Schools Celebration Dinner