Schultz Serves as Featured Speaker at International Conference
Dr. Susan M. Schultz, assistant professor and graduate program director for the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, Special Education Department, was a featured speaker at the International Council for Exceptional Children Conference. The conference took place in Ontario, Canada, on November 12.
Dr. Schultz spoke about linguistic humor, a normal part of children’s discourse that provides them with the opportunity to practice language skills, conversation, and social interaction. She also discussed the importance of scaffolding children’s humor when they experience language delays, and how humor relates to social acceptance by peers. The theme of the conference centered around validating exemplary teaching practices.
The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving the educational success of individuals with disabilities and/or gifts and talents. CEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies, sets professional standards, provides professional development, advocates for individuals with exceptionalities, and helps professionals obtain conditions and resources necessary for effective professional practice.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year