Schultz Serves as Featured Speaker at International Conference
Dr. Susan M. Schultz, assistant professor and graduate program director for the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, Special Education Department, was a featured speaker at the International Council for Exceptional Children Conference. The conference took place in Ontario, Canada, on November 12.
Dr. Schultz spoke about linguistic humor, a normal part of children’s discourse that provides them with the opportunity to practice language skills, conversation, and social interaction. She also discussed the importance of scaffolding children’s humor when they experience language delays, and how humor relates to social acceptance by peers. The theme of the conference centered around validating exemplary teaching practices.
The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving the educational success of individuals with disabilities and/or gifts and talents. CEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies, sets professional standards, provides professional development, advocates for individuals with exceptionalities, and helps professionals obtain conditions and resources necessary for effective professional practice.
Latest College News Stories
- Martínez-Hernández, Rovira-Figueroa, and Eaton presented at STANYS Conference
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement