Schultz Serves as Featured Speaker at International Conference
Dr. Susan M. Schultz, assistant professor and graduate program director for the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, Special Education Department, was a featured speaker at the International Council for Exceptional Children Conference. The conference took place in Ontario, Canada, on November 12.
Dr. Schultz spoke about linguistic humor, a normal part of children’s discourse that provides them with the opportunity to practice language skills, conversation, and social interaction. She also discussed the importance of scaffolding children’s humor when they experience language delays, and how humor relates to social acceptance by peers. The theme of the conference centered around validating exemplary teaching practices.
The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving the educational success of individuals with disabilities and/or gifts and talents. CEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies, sets professional standards, provides professional development, advocates for individuals with exceptionalities, and helps professionals obtain conditions and resources necessary for effective professional practice.
Latest College News Stories
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club