Schultz Serves as Featured Speaker at International Conference
Dr. Susan M. Schultz, assistant professor and graduate program director for the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, Special Education Department, was a featured speaker at the International Council for Exceptional Children Conference. The conference took place in Ontario, Canada, on November 12.
Dr. Schultz spoke about linguistic humor, a normal part of children’s discourse that provides them with the opportunity to practice language skills, conversation, and social interaction. She also discussed the importance of scaffolding children’s humor when they experience language delays, and how humor relates to social acceptance by peers. The theme of the conference centered around validating exemplary teaching practices.
The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving the educational success of individuals with disabilities and/or gifts and talents. CEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies, sets professional standards, provides professional development, advocates for individuals with exceptionalities, and helps professionals obtain conditions and resources necessary for effective professional practice.
Latest College News Stories
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members