Wegmans School of Pharmacy Has Successful Operation Christmas Child
Students at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy have been busy over the last few weeks. Their mission: Operation Christmas Child.
Students worked hard to raise donations used to fill shoe boxes full of small toys, hygiene products, and school supplies that will be packaged and distributed to underprivileged children and families all over the world. They collected enough donations to fill 126 boxes, and they also raised a cash donation totaling $634.00. Between 20-30 volunteers assembled the boxes throughout a designated assembly day.
The School of Pharmacy has been participating in Operation Christmas Child since the school started in 2006. Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International (CPFI) is the school club that participates in Operation Christmas Child, and Fisher’s chapter is very active.
Operation Christmas Child is run by Samaritan’s Purse, a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International