Wegmans School of Pharmacy Has Successful Operation Christmas Child
Students at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy have been busy over the last few weeks. Their mission: Operation Christmas Child.
Students worked hard to raise donations used to fill shoe boxes full of small toys, hygiene products, and school supplies that will be packaged and distributed to underprivileged children and families all over the world. They collected enough donations to fill 126 boxes, and they also raised a cash donation totaling $634.00. Between 20-30 volunteers assembled the boxes throughout a designated assembly day.
The School of Pharmacy has been participating in Operation Christmas Child since the school started in 2006. Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International (CPFI) is the school club that participates in Operation Christmas Child, and Fisher’s chapter is very active.
Operation Christmas Child is run by Samaritan’s Purse, a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world.
Latest College News Stories
- On “The Verge” – Students Concept Binge-Watching TV Experience, Premiere May 1
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards