Wegmans School of Pharmacy Has Successful Operation Christmas Child
Students at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy have been busy over the last few weeks. Their mission: Operation Christmas Child.
Students worked hard to raise donations used to fill shoe boxes full of small toys, hygiene products, and school supplies that will be packaged and distributed to underprivileged children and families all over the world. They collected enough donations to fill 126 boxes, and they also raised a cash donation totaling $634.00. Between 20-30 volunteers assembled the boxes throughout a designated assembly day.
The School of Pharmacy has been participating in Operation Christmas Child since the school started in 2006. Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International (CPFI) is the school club that participates in Operation Christmas Child, and Fisher’s chapter is very active.
Operation Christmas Child is run by Samaritan’s Purse, a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world.
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference