Wegmans School of Pharmacy Has Successful Operation Christmas Child
Students at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy have been busy over the last few weeks. Their mission: Operation Christmas Child.
Students worked hard to raise donations used to fill shoe boxes full of small toys, hygiene products, and school supplies that will be packaged and distributed to underprivileged children and families all over the world. They collected enough donations to fill 126 boxes, and they also raised a cash donation totaling $634.00. Between 20-30 volunteers assembled the boxes throughout a designated assembly day.
The School of Pharmacy has been participating in Operation Christmas Child since the school started in 2006. Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International (CPFI) is the school club that participates in Operation Christmas Child, and Fisher’s chapter is very active.
Operation Christmas Child is run by Samaritan’s Purse, a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fall Athletes Achieve Historic Seasons for Fisher
- Stress Free Week Activities Help Ease Finals Frenzy
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration