St. John Fisher College's Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations Shares Expertise with Community
Maya Temperley, Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations, recently shared her grant writing expertise with students at two area colleges and with non-profit leaders in Rochester.
In October, she was a guest speaker for a Fundraising, Grant Writing and Marketing for Non-Profits class offered through the undergraduate museum studies program at Rochester Institute of Technology. And this month, she gave a grant writing basics presentation at the 2010 Community Summit, a one-day workshop for non-profit organizations hosted by the United Way of Ontario County and organized by the Ad Council of Rochester.
Most recently, she served on a panel of experts for a grant writing class offered through the Master of Public Administration program at SUNY Brockport. In addition to these speaking engagements, Temperley continues to lead the Grant Writers Network of Rochester, a group she co-founded in 2007. The Grant Writers Network of Rochester is a forum for professional grant writers to discuss issues and challenges related to grant writing. They meet once a month at St. John Fisher College.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Professor’s Study Says Brands on Snapchat Need to be Relatable, Feel-Good
- The Buffalo Girl: How the heart of a Fisher graduate shaped the heart of “Four Falls of Buffalo”
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Women’s Leadership Series Event Focuses on Strengths-Based Development
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day