Dr. Arlette Miller Smith Presents at Two Major Conferences in Rochester
Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, associate professor in the English Department, was recently a feature presenter at The Summit: Leadership as a Lifestyle, hosted by the Rochester Women’s Network (RWN), and the Ujima Rochester Conference.
At the RWN summit, a half-day professional women’s conference held in early November, Dr. Smith co-presented alongside Dr. Anne Kress, president, Monroe Community College. She also facilitated roundtable discussions. The conference focus was on mentorship, leadership style, and communicating for results.
Ujima Rochester held its conference on October 29 and 30, St. John Fisher College was one of the sponsors. Dr. Smith presented a workshop entitled “Assume(d) the Position(s): Re/dis/covering Resistance and Resilience in the Black Female Body.” The overall theme of the conference was Uplifting Our Youth for the Future.
Latest College News Stories
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion