Dr. Arlette Miller Smith Presents at Two Major Conferences in Rochester
Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, associate professor in the English Department, was recently a feature presenter at The Summit: Leadership as a Lifestyle, hosted by the Rochester Women’s Network (RWN), and the Ujima Rochester Conference.
At the RWN summit, a half-day professional women’s conference held in early November, Dr. Smith co-presented alongside Dr. Anne Kress, president, Monroe Community College. She also facilitated roundtable discussions. The conference focus was on mentorship, leadership style, and communicating for results.
Ujima Rochester held its conference on October 29 and 30, St. John Fisher College was one of the sponsors. Dr. Smith presented a workshop entitled “Assume(d) the Position(s): Re/dis/covering Resistance and Resilience in the Black Female Body.” The overall theme of the conference was Uplifting Our Youth for the Future.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program