Dr. Arlette Miller Smith Presents at Two Major Conferences in Rochester
Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, associate professor in the English Department, was recently a feature presenter at The Summit: Leadership as a Lifestyle, hosted by the Rochester Women’s Network (RWN), and the Ujima Rochester Conference.
At the RWN summit, a half-day professional women’s conference held in early November, Dr. Smith co-presented alongside Dr. Anne Kress, president, Monroe Community College. She also facilitated roundtable discussions. The conference focus was on mentorship, leadership style, and communicating for results.
Ujima Rochester held its conference on October 29 and 30, St. John Fisher College was one of the sponsors. Dr. Smith presented a workshop entitled “Assume(d) the Position(s): Re/dis/covering Resistance and Resilience in the Black Female Body.” The overall theme of the conference was Uplifting Our Youth for the Future.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students