Dr. Arlette Miller Smith Presents at Two Major Conferences in Rochester
Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, associate professor in the English Department, was recently a feature presenter at The Summit: Leadership as a Lifestyle, hosted by the Rochester Women’s Network (RWN), and the Ujima Rochester Conference.
At the RWN summit, a half-day professional women’s conference held in early November, Dr. Smith co-presented alongside Dr. Anne Kress, president, Monroe Community College. She also facilitated roundtable discussions. The conference focus was on mentorship, leadership style, and communicating for results.
Ujima Rochester held its conference on October 29 and 30, St. John Fisher College was one of the sponsors. Dr. Smith presented a workshop entitled “Assume(d) the Position(s): Re/dis/covering Resistance and Resilience in the Black Female Body.” The overall theme of the conference was Uplifting Our Youth for the Future.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher