Dr. Arlette Miller Smith Presents at Two Major Conferences in Rochester
Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, associate professor in the English Department, was recently a feature presenter at The Summit: Leadership as a Lifestyle, hosted by the Rochester Women’s Network (RWN), and the Ujima Rochester Conference.
At the RWN summit, a half-day professional women’s conference held in early November, Dr. Smith co-presented alongside Dr. Anne Kress, president, Monroe Community College. She also facilitated roundtable discussions. The conference focus was on mentorship, leadership style, and communicating for results.
Ujima Rochester held its conference on October 29 and 30, St. John Fisher College was one of the sponsors. Dr. Smith presented a workshop entitled “Assume(d) the Position(s): Re/dis/covering Resistance and Resilience in the Black Female Body.” The overall theme of the conference was Uplifting Our Youth for the Future.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video