Fisher Students Compete in PricewaterhouseCoopers Tax Competition
On Friday, November 12, 35 St. John Fisher College accounting students competed in the annual PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) tax competition, sponsored by PwC. Fisher is one of only 30 colleges from around the country selected to participate.
There were a total of seven Fisher teams competing, and each team had a faculty coach assigned to them. PwC gave the teams a real-life case that they would receive working in an accounting firm, and they had two weeks to work as a group to develop a solution and a presentation. The presentations were to be 12 minutes in length, and were made to a panel of judges from the local office of PwC.
The teams included:
After hours of competition, the panel announced that the winning team was Team 5 (Chad Ernisse, Greg Church, Charonda Parker, Lena Abazaga, and James Butera.) As the winners, the students received a $1,000 cash prize from PwC. In addition, video of their presentation will be submitted to PwC’s national headquarters in Washington, D.C. for the opportunity to compete in round two with 29 other colleges. Five presentations are chosen for the third and final round, and those teams will win a $10,000 cash prize and the chance to present at PwC in Washington.
“I am always extremely proud of how professional our students are in their presentations, and they represent our accounting program very well,” said Dr. Michael Fedoryshyn, associate professor and chair, Accounting/Finance Department.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine