Fisher Students Compete in PricewaterhouseCoopers Tax Competition
On Friday, November 12, 35 St. John Fisher College accounting students competed in the annual PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) tax competition, sponsored by PwC. Fisher is one of only 30 colleges from around the country selected to participate.
There were a total of seven Fisher teams competing, and each team had a faculty coach assigned to them. PwC gave the teams a real-life case that they would receive working in an accounting firm, and they had two weeks to work as a group to develop a solution and a presentation. The presentations were to be 12 minutes in length, and were made to a panel of judges from the local office of PwC.
The teams included:
After hours of competition, the panel announced that the winning team was Team 5 (Chad Ernisse, Greg Church, Charonda Parker, Lena Abazaga, and James Butera.) As the winners, the students received a $1,000 cash prize from PwC. In addition, video of their presentation will be submitted to PwC’s national headquarters in Washington, D.C. for the opportunity to compete in round two with 29 other colleges. Five presentations are chosen for the third and final round, and those teams will win a $10,000 cash prize and the chance to present at PwC in Washington.
“I am always extremely proud of how professional our students are in their presentations, and they represent our accounting program very well,” said Dr. Michael Fedoryshyn, associate professor and chair, Accounting/Finance Department.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher to Host 2016 NCAA Men's Golf Championship
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Named Top Job; Fisher Program Strong and Growing
- Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
- 2013 Day of Celebration Honors Egyptian Culture
- Breakfast at Fisher with Santa
- College Debuts New TV Commercials
- Rice Elected to American Studies Association Committee
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures