Fisher Students Compete in PricewaterhouseCoopers Tax Competition
On Friday, November 12, 35 St. John Fisher College accounting students competed in the annual PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) tax competition, sponsored by PwC. Fisher is one of only 30 colleges from around the country selected to participate.
There were a total of seven Fisher teams competing, and each team had a faculty coach assigned to them. PwC gave the teams a real-life case that they would receive working in an accounting firm, and they had two weeks to work as a group to develop a solution and a presentation. The presentations were to be 12 minutes in length, and were made to a panel of judges from the local office of PwC.
The teams included:
After hours of competition, the panel announced that the winning team was Team 5 (Chad Ernisse, Greg Church, Charonda Parker, Lena Abazaga, and James Butera.) As the winners, the students received a $1,000 cash prize from PwC. In addition, video of their presentation will be submitted to PwC’s national headquarters in Washington, D.C. for the opportunity to compete in round two with 29 other colleges. Five presentations are chosen for the third and final round, and those teams will win a $10,000 cash prize and the chance to present at PwC in Washington.
“I am always extremely proud of how professional our students are in their presentations, and they represent our accounting program very well,” said Dr. Michael Fedoryshyn, associate professor and chair, Accounting/Finance Department.
Latest College News Stories
- Martínez-Hernández, Rovira-Figueroa, and Eaton presented at STANYS Conference
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement