Dr. Bolek Biskupski to Return to Fisher
Former professor of history here at St. John Fisher College, Dr. Bolek Biskupski, will return to campus on Tuesday, November 23, to give a presentation on his new book, Hollywood’s War with Poland 1939-1945. His presentation begins at 7:00 p.m. and will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center.
Dr. Biskupski is the author of numerous publications, including The Polish Disapora, Heart of the Nation: Polish Literature and Culture and The History of Poland. His latest book is an in-depth examination of Hollywood’s inaccurate and negative representation of Poland during WWII, with a close study of such films as “To Be or Not to Be,” “In Our Time,” and “None Shall Escape.” Despite the dramatic and inspiring story of Poland’s resistance to the Nazis, the film industry either ignored this or presented it in a negative light. Biskupski’s thorough investigation shows why Hollywood was so hostile to Poland.
Today, Dr. Biskupski is the Stanislaus A. Blejwas Endowed Chair in Polish History at Central Connecticut State University. His presentation is being co-sponsored by the Office of the President and the Department of History, St. John Fisher College, and the Polish Heritage Society of Rochester.
This event is free and open to the public. A brief reception will follow his presentation. For more information, please contact Tim Madigan at email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country