Dr. Bolek Biskupski to Return to Fisher
Former professor of history here at St. John Fisher College, Dr. Bolek Biskupski, will return to campus on Tuesday, November 23, to give a presentation on his new book, Hollywood’s War with Poland 1939-1945. His presentation begins at 7:00 p.m. and will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center.
Dr. Biskupski is the author of numerous publications, including The Polish Disapora, Heart of the Nation: Polish Literature and Culture and The History of Poland. His latest book is an in-depth examination of Hollywood’s inaccurate and negative representation of Poland during WWII, with a close study of such films as “To Be or Not to Be,” “In Our Time,” and “None Shall Escape.” Despite the dramatic and inspiring story of Poland’s resistance to the Nazis, the film industry either ignored this or presented it in a negative light. Biskupski’s thorough investigation shows why Hollywood was so hostile to Poland.
Today, Dr. Biskupski is the Stanislaus A. Blejwas Endowed Chair in Polish History at Central Connecticut State University. His presentation is being co-sponsored by the Office of the President and the Department of History, St. John Fisher College, and the Polish Heritage Society of Rochester.
This event is free and open to the public. A brief reception will follow his presentation. For more information, please contact Tim Madigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Investment Club Students, Finance Pros Celebrate During Shareholders’ Report Dinner
- Relay for Life Celebrates, Remembers, and Fights Against Cancer
- Countdown to Commencement: Tyrese Bryant
- Dr. Theresa Westbay Named Interim Dean of St. John Fisher College School of Arts and Sciences
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year