Dr. Bolek Biskupski to Return to Fisher
Former professor of history here at St. John Fisher College, Dr. Bolek Biskupski, will return to campus on Tuesday, November 23, to give a presentation on his new book, Hollywood’s War with Poland 1939-1945. His presentation begins at 7:00 p.m. and will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center.
Dr. Biskupski is the author of numerous publications, including The Polish Disapora, Heart of the Nation: Polish Literature and Culture and The History of Poland. His latest book is an in-depth examination of Hollywood’s inaccurate and negative representation of Poland during WWII, with a close study of such films as “To Be or Not to Be,” “In Our Time,” and “None Shall Escape.” Despite the dramatic and inspiring story of Poland’s resistance to the Nazis, the film industry either ignored this or presented it in a negative light. Biskupski’s thorough investigation shows why Hollywood was so hostile to Poland.
Today, Dr. Biskupski is the Stanislaus A. Blejwas Endowed Chair in Polish History at Central Connecticut State University. His presentation is being co-sponsored by the Office of the President and the Department of History, St. John Fisher College, and the Polish Heritage Society of Rochester.
This event is free and open to the public. A brief reception will follow his presentation. For more information, please contact Tim Madigan at email@example.com.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program