Dr. Bolek Biskupski to Return to Fisher
Former professor of history here at St. John Fisher College, Dr. Bolek Biskupski, will return to campus on Tuesday, November 23, to give a presentation on his new book, Hollywood’s War with Poland 1939-1945. His presentation begins at 7:00 p.m. and will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center.
Dr. Biskupski is the author of numerous publications, including The Polish Disapora, Heart of the Nation: Polish Literature and Culture and The History of Poland. His latest book is an in-depth examination of Hollywood’s inaccurate and negative representation of Poland during WWII, with a close study of such films as “To Be or Not to Be,” “In Our Time,” and “None Shall Escape.” Despite the dramatic and inspiring story of Poland’s resistance to the Nazis, the film industry either ignored this or presented it in a negative light. Biskupski’s thorough investigation shows why Hollywood was so hostile to Poland.
Today, Dr. Biskupski is the Stanislaus A. Blejwas Endowed Chair in Polish History at Central Connecticut State University. His presentation is being co-sponsored by the Office of the President and the Department of History, St. John Fisher College, and the Polish Heritage Society of Rochester.
This event is free and open to the public. A brief reception will follow his presentation. For more information, please contact Tim Madigan at email@example.com.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Luncheon Celebrates Courage Bowl Honorary Coaches, Cheerleaders
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Service Saturdays Help Students Give Where They Live
- C-SPAN Bus Brings Election Season to Life
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Microfluidics: A Collaboration between the Chemistry and Biology Departments
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team
- Ed.D. Grad’s Work with Roc Hub Featured in D&C