St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy Receives Grant From Henry Schein Cares
The St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy has been selected as a recipient for product donations from Henry Schein Cares, the global social responsibility program of Henry Schein, Inc., the largest distribution of health care products and services to office-based practitioners.
For the last two years, a medical mission team from the School of Pharmacy has traveled to Pune, India, with Koinonia Fellowship, to provide medical care to the poor and underserved in India. Dr. Christine Birnie, associate professor and department chair, has organized both trips. The team has already planned additional trips in January 2011 and January 2012.
Several pharmacy and undergraduate students participate each year. This past January, the team hosted a free medical camp, and provided medical and dental services, as well as health education. They served over 1,000 patients.
Henry Schein Cares helps to increase access to health care for underserved communities through the donation of medical, dental and animal health supplies to community-based health professionals and their organizations. As a recipient of the program, the School of Pharmacy will receive a broad selection of health care products and supplies, valued between $5,000 and $25,000, throughout the course of the two-year program cycle.
- Fisher Marketing Club Wins AMA Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Parallel Universe and Figurations” Exhibit May 20
- Wegmans School of Nursing Acknowledges Nine with Graduate Awards
- MBA Graduates Recognized
- Inaugural Joining Forces Conference Attracts 170 Health Care Professionals, Veterans to Campus
- Executive Leadership Program Honors Students
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Honors Students During Hooding Ceremony
- Bain Awards President’s Medals at 59th Commencement
- President’s Awards Ceremony Recognizes 47 Graduating Seniors
- Madigan, Plata, and McGregor Honored During Commencement Weekend
- Class of 2013 Presents Class Gift
- Goonan ’75 Receives Honorary Degree
- McCullough Urges Graduates to ‘Keep Learning, Cultivate Curiosity’
- Sodano Receives Father Dorsey Award
- School of Pharmacy Holds 2013 Student Awards