St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy Receives Grant From Henry Schein Cares
The St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy has been selected as a recipient for product donations from Henry Schein Cares, the global social responsibility program of Henry Schein, Inc., the largest distribution of health care products and services to office-based practitioners.
For the last two years, a medical mission team from the School of Pharmacy has traveled to Pune, India, with Koinonia Fellowship, to provide medical care to the poor and underserved in India. Dr. Christine Birnie, associate professor and department chair, has organized both trips. The team has already planned additional trips in January 2011 and January 2012.
Several pharmacy and undergraduate students participate each year. This past January, the team hosted a free medical camp, and provided medical and dental services, as well as health education. They served over 1,000 patients.
Henry Schein Cares helps to increase access to health care for underserved communities through the donation of medical, dental and animal health supplies to community-based health professionals and their organizations. As a recipient of the program, the School of Pharmacy will receive a broad selection of health care products and supplies, valued between $5,000 and $25,000, throughout the course of the two-year program cycle.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”