St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy Receives Grant From Henry Schein Cares
The St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy has been selected as a recipient for product donations from Henry Schein Cares, the global social responsibility program of Henry Schein, Inc., the largest distribution of health care products and services to office-based practitioners.
For the last two years, a medical mission team from the School of Pharmacy has traveled to Pune, India, with Koinonia Fellowship, to provide medical care to the poor and underserved in India. Dr. Christine Birnie, associate professor and department chair, has organized both trips. The team has already planned additional trips in January 2011 and January 2012.
Several pharmacy and undergraduate students participate each year. This past January, the team hosted a free medical camp, and provided medical and dental services, as well as health education. They served over 1,000 patients.
Henry Schein Cares helps to increase access to health care for underserved communities through the donation of medical, dental and animal health supplies to community-based health professionals and their organizations. As a recipient of the program, the School of Pharmacy will receive a broad selection of health care products and supplies, valued between $5,000 and $25,000, throughout the course of the two-year program cycle.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year