St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy Receives Grant From Henry Schein Cares
The St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy has been selected as a recipient for product donations from Henry Schein Cares, the global social responsibility program of Henry Schein, Inc., the largest distribution of health care products and services to office-based practitioners.
For the last two years, a medical mission team from the School of Pharmacy has traveled to Pune, India, with Koinonia Fellowship, to provide medical care to the poor and underserved in India. Dr. Christine Birnie, associate professor and department chair, has organized both trips. The team has already planned additional trips in January 2011 and January 2012.
Several pharmacy and undergraduate students participate each year. This past January, the team hosted a free medical camp, and provided medical and dental services, as well as health education. They served over 1,000 patients.
Henry Schein Cares helps to increase access to health care for underserved communities through the donation of medical, dental and animal health supplies to community-based health professionals and their organizations. As a recipient of the program, the School of Pharmacy will receive a broad selection of health care products and supplies, valued between $5,000 and $25,000, throughout the course of the two-year program cycle.
Latest College News Stories
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy