Mathematics Students Present at Annual Symposium
On November 5 and 6, eight St. John Fisher College mathematics students attended the third annual St. Lawrence Valley Mathematics Symposium at Clarkson University in Potsdam. Dr. Ryan Gantner, assistant professor, mathematics, accompanied the students.
The Symposium consisted of a keynote address, a Math Jeopardy game competition, and presentations by undergraduates on research projects. JenAlyse Arena presented her project on “Enumerating Motzkin Paths of Lengths n with p Plateaus,” and Richelle Jones presented on “The River Crossing Game.”
In addition, the Fisher Math Jeopardy team placed second in the competition, finishing only one point behind the Clarkson University team! Members of the Fisher team included Forrest Smith, JenAlyse Arena, Michelle Beeman, and Richelle Jones. They placed ahead of Nazareth College, SUNY Potsdam, Houghton College, and St. Lawrence University.
Congratulations to all on a successful trip!
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades