Mathematics Students Present at Annual Symposium
On November 5 and 6, eight St. John Fisher College mathematics students attended the third annual St. Lawrence Valley Mathematics Symposium at Clarkson University in Potsdam. Dr. Ryan Gantner, assistant professor, mathematics, accompanied the students.
The Symposium consisted of a keynote address, a Math Jeopardy game competition, and presentations by undergraduates on research projects. JenAlyse Arena presented her project on “Enumerating Motzkin Paths of Lengths n with p Plateaus,” and Richelle Jones presented on “The River Crossing Game.”
In addition, the Fisher Math Jeopardy team placed second in the competition, finishing only one point behind the Clarkson University team! Members of the Fisher team included Forrest Smith, JenAlyse Arena, Michelle Beeman, and Richelle Jones. They placed ahead of Nazareth College, SUNY Potsdam, Houghton College, and St. Lawrence University.
Congratulations to all on a successful trip!
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes