Mathematics Students Present at Annual Symposium
On November 5 and 6, eight St. John Fisher College mathematics students attended the third annual St. Lawrence Valley Mathematics Symposium at Clarkson University in Potsdam. Dr. Ryan Gantner, assistant professor, mathematics, accompanied the students.
The Symposium consisted of a keynote address, a Math Jeopardy game competition, and presentations by undergraduates on research projects. JenAlyse Arena presented her project on “Enumerating Motzkin Paths of Lengths n with p Plateaus,” and Richelle Jones presented on “The River Crossing Game.”
In addition, the Fisher Math Jeopardy team placed second in the competition, finishing only one point behind the Clarkson University team! Members of the Fisher team included Forrest Smith, JenAlyse Arena, Michelle Beeman, and Richelle Jones. They placed ahead of Nazareth College, SUNY Potsdam, Houghton College, and St. Lawrence University.
Congratulations to all on a successful trip!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students