Mathematics Students Present at Annual Symposium
On November 5 and 6, eight St. John Fisher College mathematics students attended the third annual St. Lawrence Valley Mathematics Symposium at Clarkson University in Potsdam. Dr. Ryan Gantner, assistant professor, mathematics, accompanied the students.
The Symposium consisted of a keynote address, a Math Jeopardy game competition, and presentations by undergraduates on research projects. JenAlyse Arena presented her project on “Enumerating Motzkin Paths of Lengths n with p Plateaus,” and Richelle Jones presented on “The River Crossing Game.”
In addition, the Fisher Math Jeopardy team placed second in the competition, finishing only one point behind the Clarkson University team! Members of the Fisher team included Forrest Smith, JenAlyse Arena, Michelle Beeman, and Richelle Jones. They placed ahead of Nazareth College, SUNY Potsdam, Houghton College, and St. Lawrence University.
Congratulations to all on a successful trip!
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine