Mathematics Students Present at Annual Symposium
On November 5 and 6, eight St. John Fisher College mathematics students attended the third annual St. Lawrence Valley Mathematics Symposium at Clarkson University in Potsdam. Dr. Ryan Gantner, assistant professor, mathematics, accompanied the students.
The Symposium consisted of a keynote address, a Math Jeopardy game competition, and presentations by undergraduates on research projects. JenAlyse Arena presented her project on “Enumerating Motzkin Paths of Lengths n with p Plateaus,” and Richelle Jones presented on “The River Crossing Game.”
In addition, the Fisher Math Jeopardy team placed second in the competition, finishing only one point behind the Clarkson University team! Members of the Fisher team included Forrest Smith, JenAlyse Arena, Michelle Beeman, and Richelle Jones. They placed ahead of Nazareth College, SUNY Potsdam, Houghton College, and St. Lawrence University.
Congratulations to all on a successful trip!
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fall Athletes Achieve Historic Seasons for Fisher
- Stress Free Week Activities Help Ease Finals Frenzy
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration