Mental Health Counseling Speaker Series Event
On Friday, November 19, the Wegmans School of Nursing Mental Health Counseling program will host a Speaker Series event, featuring the Rochester Animal Assisted Therapy Initiative (RAATI). This event is the second workshop in a series presented by RAATI focused on Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT).
The session will begin at 10:00 a.m. and will include three presentations on different ways to use AAT with adults and people with disabilities. AAT is a form of therapy that uses animals to help people achieve specific goals in their lives. The therapy is scheduled, documented, and overseen by human service professionals including nurses, mental health counselors, physical therapists, social workers, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and others.
RAATI was founded by Dr. Rob Rice, visiting assistant professor and director of clinical internships for Fisher’s Mental Health Counseling program. The initiative is a joint effort between the Mental Health Counseling program, The Golisano Foundation, MCC, Nazareth College, Lollypop Farm, The Equicenter, Therapy Dogs International, and LAI.
The workshop is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Dr. Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence