Mental Health Counseling Speaker Series Event
On Friday, November 19, the Wegmans School of Nursing Mental Health Counseling program will host a Speaker Series event, featuring the Rochester Animal Assisted Therapy Initiative (RAATI). This event is the second workshop in a series presented by RAATI focused on Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT).
The session will begin at 10:00 a.m. and will include three presentations on different ways to use AAT with adults and people with disabilities. AAT is a form of therapy that uses animals to help people achieve specific goals in their lives. The therapy is scheduled, documented, and overseen by human service professionals including nurses, mental health counselors, physical therapists, social workers, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and others.
RAATI was founded by Dr. Rob Rice, visiting assistant professor and director of clinical internships for Fisher’s Mental Health Counseling program. The initiative is a joint effort between the Mental Health Counseling program, The Golisano Foundation, MCC, Nazareth College, Lollypop Farm, The Equicenter, Therapy Dogs International, and LAI.
The workshop is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Dr. Rice at email@example.com.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition