Mental Health Counseling Speaker Series Event
On Friday, November 19, the Wegmans School of Nursing Mental Health Counseling program will host a Speaker Series event, featuring the Rochester Animal Assisted Therapy Initiative (RAATI). This event is the second workshop in a series presented by RAATI focused on Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT).
The session will begin at 10:00 a.m. and will include three presentations on different ways to use AAT with adults and people with disabilities. AAT is a form of therapy that uses animals to help people achieve specific goals in their lives. The therapy is scheduled, documented, and overseen by human service professionals including nurses, mental health counselors, physical therapists, social workers, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and others.
RAATI was founded by Dr. Rob Rice, visiting assistant professor and director of clinical internships for Fisher’s Mental Health Counseling program. The initiative is a joint effort between the Mental Health Counseling program, The Golisano Foundation, MCC, Nazareth College, Lollypop Farm, The Equicenter, Therapy Dogs International, and LAI.
The workshop is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Dr. Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International