Mental Health Counseling Speaker Series Event
On Friday, November 19, the Wegmans School of Nursing Mental Health Counseling program will host a Speaker Series event, featuring the Rochester Animal Assisted Therapy Initiative (RAATI). This event is the second workshop in a series presented by RAATI focused on Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT).
The session will begin at 10:00 a.m. and will include three presentations on different ways to use AAT with adults and people with disabilities. AAT is a form of therapy that uses animals to help people achieve specific goals in their lives. The therapy is scheduled, documented, and overseen by human service professionals including nurses, mental health counselors, physical therapists, social workers, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and others.
RAATI was founded by Dr. Rob Rice, visiting assistant professor and director of clinical internships for Fisher’s Mental Health Counseling program. The initiative is a joint effort between the Mental Health Counseling program, The Golisano Foundation, MCC, Nazareth College, Lollypop Farm, The Equicenter, Therapy Dogs International, and LAI.
The workshop is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Dr. Rice at email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day