Political Science Faculty Member Named President-Elect of International Studies Association Midwest Region
Dr. Wesley Renfro, assistant professor of political science, was recently named president-elect of the International Studies Association (ISA) Midwest Region. In addition, he was elected co-program chair for the region’s annual conference, along with his former professor, Dr. Marc O’Reilly, from Heidelberg University in Tiffin, OH.
The conference will take place in November 2011 in St. Louis, MO. It is the largest conference of the association’s four regions, and attracts several hundred scholars, graduate students, and practitioners from the United States and abroad.
The ISA was founded in 1959 to promote research and education in international affairs. With well over four thousand members in North America and around the world, ISA is the most well respected and widely known scholarly association in this field. ISA cooperates with 57 international studies organizations in over 30 countries, is a member of the International Social Science Council, and has nongovernmental consultative status with the United Nations.
Latest College News Stories
- Investment Club Students, Finance Pros Celebrate During Shareholders’ Report Dinner
- Relay for Life Celebrates, Remembers, and Fights Against Cancer
- Countdown to Commencement: Tyrese Bryant
- Dr. Theresa Westbay Named Interim Dean of St. John Fisher College School of Arts and Sciences
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year