Political Science Faculty Member Named President-Elect of International Studies Association Midwest Region
Dr. Wesley Renfro, assistant professor of political science, was recently named president-elect of the International Studies Association (ISA) Midwest Region. In addition, he was elected co-program chair for the region’s annual conference, along with his former professor, Dr. Marc O’Reilly, from Heidelberg University in Tiffin, OH.
The conference will take place in November 2011 in St. Louis, MO. It is the largest conference of the association’s four regions, and attracts several hundred scholars, graduate students, and practitioners from the United States and abroad.
The ISA was founded in 1959 to promote research and education in international affairs. With well over four thousand members in North America and around the world, ISA is the most well respected and widely known scholarly association in this field. ISA cooperates with 57 international studies organizations in over 30 countries, is a member of the International Social Science Council, and has nongovernmental consultative status with the United Nations.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner