Political Science Faculty Member Named President-Elect of International Studies Association Midwest Region
Dr. Wesley Renfro, assistant professor of political science, was recently named president-elect of the International Studies Association (ISA) Midwest Region. In addition, he was elected co-program chair for the region’s annual conference, along with his former professor, Dr. Marc O’Reilly, from Heidelberg University in Tiffin, OH.
The conference will take place in November 2011 in St. Louis, MO. It is the largest conference of the association’s four regions, and attracts several hundred scholars, graduate students, and practitioners from the United States and abroad.
The ISA was founded in 1959 to promote research and education in international affairs. With well over four thousand members in North America and around the world, ISA is the most well respected and widely known scholarly association in this field. ISA cooperates with 57 international studies organizations in over 30 countries, is a member of the International Social Science Council, and has nongovernmental consultative status with the United Nations.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students