31st Annual Teddi Dance for Love This Weekend
The Student Life Center will soon be home to a giant balloon arch, designed to stay afloat for 24 hours of dancing for love, as the annual Teddi Dance for Love gets underway this Friday, February 8, beginning at 8:00 p.m. This year marks the 31st annual Teddi Dance for Love, which, to date, has raised nearly $850,000 for Camp Good Days and Special Times.
Hundreds of St. John Fisher College students, faculty, and staff will lace up their dancing shoes for 24 continuous hours to raise money for Camp Good Days, an organization for children and their families who are touched by cancer and other life challenges. So far, the committee has registered 380 dancers. Their goal is to have a total of 500 dancers and raise $48,000.
"Teddi has been going on for so long now but I am so glad to say that it has not lost its importance at all,” said Danielle Allington, Chair of this year’s event. “Everyone on the committee and every person that is even slightly involved in the dance knows that what they are doing will be treasured so much by the kids from Camp Good Days. It's so nice to see so many people help out to let these kids have a carefree time, even if it is just for a week."
The proceeds from the event help grant the last wishes of Camp Good Days’ children, offering them a chance to enjoy a trip to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and other destinations in Orlando. Last year, the College raised over $45,000 and collected a total of 1,305 inches of hair for Locks of Love.
This year’s Honorary Chair is Steve Hausmann of WBEE’s Morning Coffee Club.
2013 Teddi sponsors include: B. Giambrone & Co., Barnes & Noble, Buffalo Bills, Byrne Dairy, Carbone Auto Group, Crystal Rock Bottled Water, David's Salon and Spa, Fisher Price, G.A. Braun, General Mills, Ginna Nuclear Power Plant, Golden Tans/ Sun Tan City, Hair Works, Home Depot, Lackmann, Lonsdale Salon, Mass Mutual, Men’s Wearhouse, Midstate Bakery, Monroe Muffler/Brake, Palmer Food Service, Shea Provisions INC., and Tops Friendly Markets.
The event schedule is as follows:
- 7:20-7:50 p.m. - Measure 13
- 8:00-8:30 p.m. - Opening Ceremonies
- 8:30-8:55 p.m. - Warm Up/Jazzercise with Priche Smith
- 8:55-9:40 p.m. - Boy Band
- 9:40-9:55 p.m. - Spirit People Wedding
- 9:55-10:00 p.m. - Teach Teddi Line Dance
- 10:00-11:00 p.m. - Group Dance/Fisher Dance
- 11:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m. - LIVE BAND-441
- 12:00-12:30 a.m. - Pizza & Wings Break
- 12:30-1:00 a.m. - America
- 1:00-2:00 a.m. - One Hit Wonders
- 2:00-2:30 a.m. - Oldies Songs
- 2:30-3:00 a.m. - Bieber Fever
- 3:00-3:30 a.m. - Michael Jackson
- 3:30-4:30 a.m. - Diva Hour
- 4:30-5:30 a.m. - TV/Movie Theme Songs
- 5:30-6:00 a.m. - Breakfast
- 6:00-7:00 a.m. - Senior Hour
- 7:00-8:00 a.m. - Top Pop
- 7:40 a.m. - Smoothie Break
- 8:00-9:00 a.m. - AVAdventures
- 9:00-9:10 a.m. - Locks of Love “before” presentation
- 9:10-10:10 a.m. - 80s
- 10:10-11:10 a.m. - 90s and 2000s
- 11:10 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - Lunch/Garrett MacDonald
- 12:00-12:30 p.m. - Mini –Marathon begins/Zumba with Kendra (RAC)
- 12:30-1:05 p.m. - Jock Jams
- 1:05-1:15 p.m. - Teach Teddi Line Dance
- 1:15-1:30 p.m. - Locks of Love Reveal
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. - Country with Terri Clifford
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. - LIVE BAND-BIG TUNA
- 3:00-6:00 p.m. - Kids Carnival
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. - Alumni Hour
- 4:30-5:00 p.m. - The kids of Camp Good Days visit!/Camp Songs
- 5:00-5:20 p.m. - Disney
- 5:20-6:00 p.m. - Dinner
- 5:45-6:00 p.m. - Final Run-In (Faculty/Staff Support)
- 6:00-7:00 p.m. - Top 40
- 7:00-8:00 p.m. - Committee Hour/Dedication
- 8:00-8:30 p.m. - Closing Ceremonies
For more information about this year’s event, visit http://teddi.sjfc.edu/ or follow @TeddiDance4Love on Twitter.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans