New Veterans Affairs Club to hold “Keep Your Chin Up for the Troops” Fundraiser
The newly formed Veterans Affairs Club of St. John Fisher College will hold its inaugural fundraiser this today, Veterans Day. The event is called “Keep Your Chin Up for the Troops,” and will challenge students, faculty and staff to do as many chin ups as they can. For each chin up, monetary donations will be made to Veteran’s Outreach Center and the Blue Star Mothers. The event runs from 12:30 until 3:30 in LeChase Common.
Representatives from the Veterans Outreach Center, along with representatives from the United States Marine Corps, United States Army Reserves, and the United States Air Force will be there to support the event and help commemorate Veterans Day.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference