Accounting Student Team is Runner-Up in Second Round of Deloitte Tax Competition
Five St. John Fisher College accounting students traveled to Deloitte University in Dallas, Texas on November 18-20 to compete in the second round of the Deloitte FanTAXtic Competition, and placed as a runner-up.
Sam Rosenzweig ’12, Cory Morton ’12, Mark Fancher ’12, Jacob Skeval ’14, and Nicole Pappas ’14 competed in Dallas after placing in the top 10 of the first round, which took place in Boston in early November. They were accompanied by Professor Lynn Mucenski-Keck for both trips.
The top three teams came from the College of William and Mary, the University of Texas (Austin), and John Carroll University. Other competing teams were from Brigham Young University, Baylor University, Fordham University, the University of Missouri, and the University of South Carolina.
Students competed during the day on Saturday, November 19, and attended the dinner reception and awards ceremony that evening. Figure skater and 2010 Olympic gold medalist, Evan Lysacek, served as the guest speaker.
“I am very proud of the Fisher team. They not only represented the school well, but amazed me in everything that they were able to accomplish in such a short period of time,” said Mucenski-Keck. “I have no doubt in my mind that all of them will have wonderful futures in the accounting profession.”
The annual competition attracts 40 colleges and universities throughout the country.
In 2001, Mucenski-Keck was herself a member of the award-winning Fisher team that competed in the Arthur Anderson Tax Challenge, which was, at the time, the premier national college and university tax competition. That year, the Fisher team—comprised of five female accounting students—placed among the top ten colleges and universities in the country.
Latest College News Stories
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule