Accounting Student Team is Runner-Up in Second Round of Deloitte Tax Competition
Five St. John Fisher College accounting students traveled to Deloitte University in Dallas, Texas on November 18-20 to compete in the second round of the Deloitte FanTAXtic Competition, and placed as a runner-up.
Sam Rosenzweig ’12, Cory Morton ’12, Mark Fancher ’12, Jacob Skeval ’14, and Nicole Pappas ’14 competed in Dallas after placing in the top 10 of the first round, which took place in Boston in early November. They were accompanied by Professor Lynn Mucenski-Keck for both trips.
The top three teams came from the College of William and Mary, the University of Texas (Austin), and John Carroll University. Other competing teams were from Brigham Young University, Baylor University, Fordham University, the University of Missouri, and the University of South Carolina.
Students competed during the day on Saturday, November 19, and attended the dinner reception and awards ceremony that evening. Figure skater and 2010 Olympic gold medalist, Evan Lysacek, served as the guest speaker.
“I am very proud of the Fisher team. They not only represented the school well, but amazed me in everything that they were able to accomplish in such a short period of time,” said Mucenski-Keck. “I have no doubt in my mind that all of them will have wonderful futures in the accounting profession.”
The annual competition attracts 40 colleges and universities throughout the country.
In 2001, Mucenski-Keck was herself a member of the award-winning Fisher team that competed in the Arthur Anderson Tax Challenge, which was, at the time, the premier national college and university tax competition. That year, the Fisher team—comprised of five female accounting students—placed among the top ten colleges and universities in the country.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception