Alumnus and Board Member Named VisitRochester’s President and CEO
Donald Jeffries ’74 has been named President and Chief Executive Officer of VisitRochester. The organization’s Board of Directors made the announcement December 28. Jeffries is a member of the College’s Board of Trustees.
Jeffries has served as CEO of the Rochester Broadway Theater League (RBTL) since 2002. Prior to that, he owned Dollinger Travel in Rochester for nearly 20 years.
As President and CEO of VisitRochester, Jeffries will be tasked with business growth through conventions bookings, tourism marketing, and event promotion to visitors. He will replace Ed Hall, who is retiring from the position after 15 years.
VisitRochester was founded in 1932 as the Rochester Convention and Publicity Bureau, and aims to sell and market the Greater Rochester area as a preferred destination in order to grow and maximize visitor spending and enhance Monroe County’s economy. Additionally, the organization advocates for appropriate destination development and investment, and works to increase awareness, appreciation, and support of the regional visitor industry.
Latest College News Stories
- Breakfast at Fisher with Santa
- College Debuts New TV Commercials
- Rice Elected to American Studies Association Committee
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight