Alumnus and Board Member Named VisitRochester’s President and CEO
Donald Jeffries ’74 has been named President and Chief Executive Officer of VisitRochester. The organization’s Board of Directors made the announcement December 28. Jeffries is a member of the College’s Board of Trustees.
Jeffries has served as CEO of the Rochester Broadway Theater League (RBTL) since 2002. Prior to that, he owned Dollinger Travel in Rochester for nearly 20 years.
As President and CEO of VisitRochester, Jeffries will be tasked with business growth through conventions bookings, tourism marketing, and event promotion to visitors. He will replace Ed Hall, who is retiring from the position after 15 years.
VisitRochester was founded in 1932 as the Rochester Convention and Publicity Bureau, and aims to sell and market the Greater Rochester area as a preferred destination in order to grow and maximize visitor spending and enhance Monroe County’s economy. Additionally, the organization advocates for appropriate destination development and investment, and works to increase awareness, appreciation, and support of the regional visitor industry.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources