Alumnus and Board Member Named VisitRochester’s President and CEO
Donald Jeffries ’74 has been named President and Chief Executive Officer of VisitRochester. The organization’s Board of Directors made the announcement December 28. Jeffries is a member of the College’s Board of Trustees.
Jeffries has served as CEO of the Rochester Broadway Theater League (RBTL) since 2002. Prior to that, he owned Dollinger Travel in Rochester for nearly 20 years.
As President and CEO of VisitRochester, Jeffries will be tasked with business growth through conventions bookings, tourism marketing, and event promotion to visitors. He will replace Ed Hall, who is retiring from the position after 15 years.
VisitRochester was founded in 1932 as the Rochester Convention and Publicity Bureau, and aims to sell and market the Greater Rochester area as a preferred destination in order to grow and maximize visitor spending and enhance Monroe County’s economy. Additionally, the organization advocates for appropriate destination development and investment, and works to increase awareness, appreciation, and support of the regional visitor industry.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Announces New Men’s Volleyball Program
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office