Alumnus and Board Member Named VisitRochester’s President and CEO
Donald Jeffries ’74 has been named President and Chief Executive Officer of VisitRochester. The organization’s Board of Directors made the announcement December 28. Jeffries is a member of the College’s Board of Trustees.
Jeffries has served as CEO of the Rochester Broadway Theater League (RBTL) since 2002. Prior to that, he owned Dollinger Travel in Rochester for nearly 20 years.
As President and CEO of VisitRochester, Jeffries will be tasked with business growth through conventions bookings, tourism marketing, and event promotion to visitors. He will replace Ed Hall, who is retiring from the position after 15 years.
VisitRochester was founded in 1932 as the Rochester Convention and Publicity Bureau, and aims to sell and market the Greater Rochester area as a preferred destination in order to grow and maximize visitor spending and enhance Monroe County’s economy. Additionally, the organization advocates for appropriate destination development and investment, and works to increase awareness, appreciation, and support of the regional visitor industry.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Storms Back To Win Courage Bowl XII
- Luncheon Celebrates Courage Bowl Honorary Coaches, Cheerleaders
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Service Saturdays Help Students Give Where They Live
- C-SPAN Bus Brings Election Season to Life
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Microfluidics: A Collaboration between the Chemistry and Biology Departments
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team