Alumnus and Board Member Named VisitRochester’s President and CEO
Donald Jeffries ’74 has been named President and Chief Executive Officer of VisitRochester. The organization’s Board of Directors made the announcement December 28. Jeffries is a member of the College’s Board of Trustees.
Jeffries has served as CEO of the Rochester Broadway Theater League (RBTL) since 2002. Prior to that, he owned Dollinger Travel in Rochester for nearly 20 years.
As President and CEO of VisitRochester, Jeffries will be tasked with business growth through conventions bookings, tourism marketing, and event promotion to visitors. He will replace Ed Hall, who is retiring from the position after 15 years.
VisitRochester was founded in 1932 as the Rochester Convention and Publicity Bureau, and aims to sell and market the Greater Rochester area as a preferred destination in order to grow and maximize visitor spending and enhance Monroe County’s economy. Additionally, the organization advocates for appropriate destination development and investment, and works to increase awareness, appreciation, and support of the regional visitor industry.
- College's Justinian Order Holds 12th Annual Luncheon Featuring Honorable Frank Geraci, Jr.
- Fisher Marketing Club Wins AMA Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Parallel Universe and Figurations” Exhibit May 20
- Wegmans School of Nursing Acknowledges Nine with Graduate Awards
- MBA Graduates Recognized
- Inaugural Joining Forces Conference Attracts 170 Health Care Professionals, Veterans to Campus
- Executive Leadership Program Honors Students
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Honors Students During Hooding Ceremony
- Bain Awards President’s Medals at 59th Commencement
- President’s Awards Ceremony Recognizes 47 Graduating Seniors
- Madigan, Plata, and McGregor Honored During Commencement Weekend
- Class of 2013 Presents Class Gift
- Goonan ’75 Receives Honorary Degree
- McCullough Urges Graduates to ‘Keep Learning, Cultivate Curiosity’
- Sodano Receives Father Dorsey Award