Communication/Journalism Students Attend Class at Geva Theatre
A group of students from the Emergent Media and Web Culture course had class at a different location on January 24 when they attended the opening night of “The Agony and Ecstasy of Steve Jobs” at Geva Theatre in Rochester.
The one-man show, written by Mike Daisey, was performed by Remi Sandri and chronicles the history of Apple Computer. Through the play, Daisey also shares his experience using Apple products, and details his travels to China to learn more about the conditions for the workers who build the products.
According to Professor Jeremy Sarachan, students were able to use the play to analyze the industrial global economies where manufacturing is of primary importance versus information economies which place the emphasis on designing, managing, marketing, and selling products, as well as cultural differences. They also learned about the ‘cult of technology’ – and the use of Apple products in particular.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Fisher Students Blogging—and Bragging—About Campus Life
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship