Pharmacy and Nursing Faculty News
Members of the Wegmans School of Pharmacy and Wegmans School of Nursing have been busy collaborating.
Dr. David Hutchinson, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice, successfully submitted two case studies in temporal mandibular joint disorder and pain in a developmentally disabled non-verbal boy for publication on the National Institutes of Health website. The cases were developed in collaboration with co-leaders David Korones, M.D.; Ross Tallents, D.D.S., Ph.D., M.S.; and Gene Watson, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.; with support by a panel of faculty experts from the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC), the New York Chiropractic College, and Fisher.
Dr. Kate Juba, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice, also successfully submitted a case study in geriatric low back pain education for publication on the National Institutes of Health website. The case was developed in collaboration with co-leader Joel Kent, M.D. (URMC), and Janet Vaughn, NP (URMC) with support by a panel of faculty experts from URMC, the New York Chiropractic College, and Fisher.
College faculty, including Dr. Karen Parker and Dr. Christine Boev, Assistant Professors in the Wegmans School of Nursing, and Pharmacy faculty Dr. Jennifer Mathews and Dr. Jill Lavigne, helped both Hutchinson and Juba on their case studies, which will be published in 2014.
Dr. Jill Lavigne, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Administration, recently presented at the 43rd Annual Annals of Behavioral Science and Medical Education (ABSAME) meeting in Rhode Island.
She presented, “Humanizing Health Care: Reducing Disparities through Interprofessional Teams,” which was co-authored by O.J. Sahler, M.D., Professor of Pediatrics and Palliative Care, URMC. The focus of the presentation was the Rochester Collaborative Center of Excellence in Pain Education. The Wegmans School of Pharmacy and the Wegmans School of Nursing are participating in the Collaborative along with the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry and the New York Chiropractic College.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems