Biology Textbooks by Maier are Published
The third edition of a biology textbook written by Virginia Borden Maier, Health Professions Advisor in the Biology Department, was published in January. Published by Pearson Benjamin Cummings, Biology: Science for Life is designed for biology courses for non-majors.
Maier and her co-author, Colleen Belk, also had a first edition textbook, Human Biology, published in August 2008. This book is also meant for non-majors courses, but those with a stronger focus on human anatomy and physiology.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans