Biology Textbooks by Maier are Published
The third edition of a biology textbook written by Virginia Borden Maier, Health Professions Advisor in the Biology Department, was published in January. Published by Pearson Benjamin Cummings, Biology: Science for Life is designed for biology courses for non-majors.
Maier and her co-author, Colleen Belk, also had a first edition textbook, Human Biology, published in August 2008. This book is also meant for non-majors courses, but those with a stronger focus on human anatomy and physiology.
Latest College News Stories
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation