Smith Named Academy of Nursing Education Fellow
Dr. Char Smith, Professor in the Wegmans School of Nursing, has been inducted as a fellow into the National League for Nursing’s (NLN) Academy of Nursing Education. Smith joins the academy’s 144 fellows representing nursing schools and programs throughout the United States.
The fellowships have been awarded by the NLN Board of Governors, the oversight body of the Academy of Nursing Education. The induction of new fellows and a meeting of fellows in the Academy of Nursing Education will be held in conjunction with the NLN's annual Education Summit in the fall.
As a newly named fellow, Smith has been lauded for her innovative teaching and learning strategies; nursing education research; faculty development; academic leadership; promotion of public policy that advances nursing education; and collaborative educational, practice, or community partnerships.
“The National League for Nursing relies on these accomplished individuals as allies in our efforts to prepare the numbers of excellent nurse educators we need if we are to eliminate the shortage of nurses plaguing America’s health care institutions. Nursing faculty and colleagues from other fields who contribute to excellence in nursing education and to the preparation of a nursing workforce that meets the needs of our ever-changing health care environment deserve this public recognition and the gratitude of all who are eager to elevate the status of the profession,” said Dr. Beverly A. Malone, NLN CEO.
The NLN established the Academy of Nursing Education in 2007 to foster excellence in nursing education by recognizing and capitalizing on the wisdom of nurse educators who have made sustained and significant contributions to nursing education. Fellows provide visionary leadership in nursing education and in the Academy of Nursing Education and support the vision of the NLN to promote standards of excellence in nursing education that will increase the number of graduates from all types of nursing programs. Fellows serve as important role models and resources for new educators and for those who aspire to become nurse educators.
Latest College News Stories
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication