CEO of Women’s Sports Foundation to Speak at St. John Fisher College
Karen Durkin, CEO of the Women's Sports Foundation, will present "The State of Women's Athletics in the 21st Century" on Tuesday, April 14 at St. John Fisher College. The event begins at 12:30 p.m. in Cleary Family Auditorium, and is free and open to the public.
In her presentation, Durkin will address the current issues facing female athletes with the progression of Title IX, and recent efforts to continue advocacy for women in sports.
Durkin has served as CEO of the Women's Sports Foundation since April 2008. Her professional career spans nearly two decades in sports marketing and entertainment, with expertise in business strategy, brand development, marketing, and communications. Her past experience includes work with the National Hockey League and the Ladies Professional Golf Association.
The Women's Sports Foundation is a national charitable educational organization dedicated to advancing the lives of girls and women through physical activity. Founded in 1974 by Billie Jean King, the foundation has made a long-term commitment to a series of signature reports addressing topics such as: girls' participation in sports and physical activity; gender equity in intercollegiate sports; the impact of media images of women in sports; and pay equity.
The presentation is sponsored by the Sport Management Program at St. John Fisher College. Refreshments will be provided.
For more information, please contact Kristi Bradley at (585) 245-2782 or visit the Women's Sports Foundation website at www.womenssportsfoundation.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer