CEO of Women’s Sports Foundation to Speak at St. John Fisher College
Karen Durkin, CEO of the Women's Sports Foundation, will present "The State of Women's Athletics in the 21st Century" on Tuesday, April 14 at St. John Fisher College. The event begins at 12:30 p.m. in Cleary Family Auditorium, and is free and open to the public.
In her presentation, Durkin will address the current issues facing female athletes with the progression of Title IX, and recent efforts to continue advocacy for women in sports.
Durkin has served as CEO of the Women's Sports Foundation since April 2008. Her professional career spans nearly two decades in sports marketing and entertainment, with expertise in business strategy, brand development, marketing, and communications. Her past experience includes work with the National Hockey League and the Ladies Professional Golf Association.
The Women's Sports Foundation is a national charitable educational organization dedicated to advancing the lives of girls and women through physical activity. Founded in 1974 by Billie Jean King, the foundation has made a long-term commitment to a series of signature reports addressing topics such as: girls' participation in sports and physical activity; gender equity in intercollegiate sports; the impact of media images of women in sports; and pay equity.
The presentation is sponsored by the Sport Management Program at St. John Fisher College. Refreshments will be provided.
For more information, please contact Kristi Bradley at (585) 245-2782 or visit the Women's Sports Foundation website at www.womenssportsfoundation.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course