St. John Fisher College Presents Awards to Four Faculty Members
Earlier this month, at the President's Award Ceremony and Commencement, St. John Fisher College presented awards to four faculty members in recognition of outstanding teaching, advising, and scholarly work.
The Trustees' Award for Distinguished Scholarly Achievement is the highest honor that the Board of Trustees can bestow on a faculty member, second only to an honorary degree. The award is given to no more than one full-time faculty member each year in recognition of outstanding scholarly work, ranging from writing books and articles, to presenting papers at professional conferences. The 2008 recipient of the Trustees' Award for Distinguished Scholarly Achievement was Dr. Mark Rice, Chair of the American Studies Department.
The Part-Time Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence honors an individual who demonstrates outstanding teaching ability and who has never taught in a full-time capacity at Fisher. This year's award was given to Ms. Lisa Cunningham, Adjunct Professor of English and Professor of Women and Gender Studies.
The Full-Time Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence is given annually to a full-time faculty member at Fisher for outstanding work in the classroom. Recipients of this award must demonstrate thorough knowledge of their subject matter; solid preparation for class; clear and effective communication; and genuine enthusiasm for their job. This year's recipient was Dr. Michael Walczak, Associate Professor of Chemistry.
The Academic Advisor Award recognizes a faculty member whose academic advising services are considered to be exemplary by students and peers. The award recipient represents the best in academic advising practices through his or her availability to students; familiarity with academic programs and requirements; and an active interest in assisting students to explore academic opportunities and to get the most out of their Fisher education. All full- and part-time faculty members at Fisher who serve as academic advisors are eligible for the award. The 2007-2008 recipient was Mr. Mike Fedoryshyn, Chair of the Accounting and Finance Department in the Bittner School of Business.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception