Collaborative Costume Concert for Conservation Scheduled for October 29
On Friday, October 29, the College’s first-ever collaborative music concert and educational event will take place at the Campus Center Main Stage from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. The Costume Concert for Conservation (C-3) – born thanks to the hard work of SWAV, Biology Club, RSA, Commuter Council, and the Recycling and Sustainability Committee – will feature Big Tuna and the Fishermen, a band made up of Fisher professors Dr. Mike Boller, Dr. Greg Cunningham, Dr. Daryl Hurd, Dr. Seungwon Jeon, and Dr. Dave Rostetter.
The playlist will feature the band’s mix of cover songs, ranging from Johnny Cash to Lady Gaga, with a few Halloween songs thrown in the mix. The event will also feature a costume contest, raffles with huge prizes and refreshments!
In addition, attendees will learn about their own carbon footprint, by visiting educational and informational booths set up throughout the event. The booths, created by students and faculty, address a number of environmental issues including water and electricity conservation, pharmaceutical disposal, commuting, carbon footprints and recycling, to name a few.
“Our overall theme is that students, faculty, and staff can all take positive steps and change their habits to reduce personal consumption,” said Dr. Michael Boller, assistant professor of biology. “By doing so, we can reduce the impact that the campus as a whole has on the environment. We can be better environmental citizens, both individually and institutionally.”
Additional support for the event has been provided by the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, the Office of Multicultural Affairs, and the Basilian Fathers. Costumes are encouraged!
Latest College News Stories
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read