Collaborative Costume Concert for Conservation Scheduled for October 29
On Friday, October 29, the College’s first-ever collaborative music concert and educational event will take place at the Campus Center Main Stage from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. The Costume Concert for Conservation (C-3) – born thanks to the hard work of SWAV, Biology Club, RSA, Commuter Council, and the Recycling and Sustainability Committee – will feature Big Tuna and the Fishermen, a band made up of Fisher professors Dr. Mike Boller, Dr. Greg Cunningham, Dr. Daryl Hurd, Dr. Seungwon Jeon, and Dr. Dave Rostetter.
The playlist will feature the band’s mix of cover songs, ranging from Johnny Cash to Lady Gaga, with a few Halloween songs thrown in the mix. The event will also feature a costume contest, raffles with huge prizes and refreshments!
In addition, attendees will learn about their own carbon footprint, by visiting educational and informational booths set up throughout the event. The booths, created by students and faculty, address a number of environmental issues including water and electricity conservation, pharmaceutical disposal, commuting, carbon footprints and recycling, to name a few.
“Our overall theme is that students, faculty, and staff can all take positive steps and change their habits to reduce personal consumption,” said Dr. Michael Boller, assistant professor of biology. “By doing so, we can reduce the impact that the campus as a whole has on the environment. We can be better environmental citizens, both individually and institutionally.”
Additional support for the event has been provided by the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, the Office of Multicultural Affairs, and the Basilian Fathers. Costumes are encouraged!
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans