Collaborative Costume Concert for Conservation Scheduled for October 29
On Friday, October 29, the College’s first-ever collaborative music concert and educational event will take place at the Campus Center Main Stage from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. The Costume Concert for Conservation (C-3) – born thanks to the hard work of SWAV, Biology Club, RSA, Commuter Council, and the Recycling and Sustainability Committee – will feature Big Tuna and the Fishermen, a band made up of Fisher professors Dr. Mike Boller, Dr. Greg Cunningham, Dr. Daryl Hurd, Dr. Seungwon Jeon, and Dr. Dave Rostetter.
The playlist will feature the band’s mix of cover songs, ranging from Johnny Cash to Lady Gaga, with a few Halloween songs thrown in the mix. The event will also feature a costume contest, raffles with huge prizes and refreshments!
In addition, attendees will learn about their own carbon footprint, by visiting educational and informational booths set up throughout the event. The booths, created by students and faculty, address a number of environmental issues including water and electricity conservation, pharmaceutical disposal, commuting, carbon footprints and recycling, to name a few.
“Our overall theme is that students, faculty, and staff can all take positive steps and change their habits to reduce personal consumption,” said Dr. Michael Boller, assistant professor of biology. “By doing so, we can reduce the impact that the campus as a whole has on the environment. We can be better environmental citizens, both individually and institutionally.”
Additional support for the event has been provided by the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, the Office of Multicultural Affairs, and the Basilian Fathers. Costumes are encouraged!
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes