Collaborative Costume Concert for Conservation Scheduled for October 29
On Friday, October 29, the College’s first-ever collaborative music concert and educational event will take place at the Campus Center Main Stage from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. The Costume Concert for Conservation (C-3) – born thanks to the hard work of SWAV, Biology Club, RSA, Commuter Council, and the Recycling and Sustainability Committee – will feature Big Tuna and the Fishermen, a band made up of Fisher professors Dr. Mike Boller, Dr. Greg Cunningham, Dr. Daryl Hurd, Dr. Seungwon Jeon, and Dr. Dave Rostetter.
The playlist will feature the band’s mix of cover songs, ranging from Johnny Cash to Lady Gaga, with a few Halloween songs thrown in the mix. The event will also feature a costume contest, raffles with huge prizes and refreshments!
In addition, attendees will learn about their own carbon footprint, by visiting educational and informational booths set up throughout the event. The booths, created by students and faculty, address a number of environmental issues including water and electricity conservation, pharmaceutical disposal, commuting, carbon footprints and recycling, to name a few.
“Our overall theme is that students, faculty, and staff can all take positive steps and change their habits to reduce personal consumption,” said Dr. Michael Boller, assistant professor of biology. “By doing so, we can reduce the impact that the campus as a whole has on the environment. We can be better environmental citizens, both individually and institutionally.”
Additional support for the event has been provided by the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, the Office of Multicultural Affairs, and the Basilian Fathers. Costumes are encouraged!
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video