Collaborative Costume Concert for Conservation Scheduled for October 29
On Friday, October 29, the College’s first-ever collaborative music concert and educational event will take place at the Campus Center Main Stage from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. The Costume Concert for Conservation (C-3) – born thanks to the hard work of SWAV, Biology Club, RSA, Commuter Council, and the Recycling and Sustainability Committee – will feature Big Tuna and the Fishermen, a band made up of Fisher professors Dr. Mike Boller, Dr. Greg Cunningham, Dr. Daryl Hurd, Dr. Seungwon Jeon, and Dr. Dave Rostetter.
The playlist will feature the band’s mix of cover songs, ranging from Johnny Cash to Lady Gaga, with a few Halloween songs thrown in the mix. The event will also feature a costume contest, raffles with huge prizes and refreshments!
In addition, attendees will learn about their own carbon footprint, by visiting educational and informational booths set up throughout the event. The booths, created by students and faculty, address a number of environmental issues including water and electricity conservation, pharmaceutical disposal, commuting, carbon footprints and recycling, to name a few.
“Our overall theme is that students, faculty, and staff can all take positive steps and change their habits to reduce personal consumption,” said Dr. Michael Boller, assistant professor of biology. “By doing so, we can reduce the impact that the campus as a whole has on the environment. We can be better environmental citizens, both individually and institutionally.”
Additional support for the event has been provided by the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, the Office of Multicultural Affairs, and the Basilian Fathers. Costumes are encouraged!
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students