“Celebrating the Fisher of Today” Exhibit Opens in Welcome Center Gallery October 1
Beginning on October 1, the St. John Fisher College Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Welcome Center will host an art exhibit titled, “Celebrating the Fisher of Today.” The free exhibit is open to the public, and will run from October 1-November 2.
Throughout this past year, students, alumni, faculty, and staff of the College have been submitting photos of people, places, and things on the campus. As a result, the photos on display capture the essence of what Fisher is today: a vibrant, beautiful, and diverse campus.
The exhibited photos capture images of Fisher’s athletics, campus life, architecture, environment, academics, and people. Of the photos submitted, 24 were selected and are on display. Photos were selected by a panel of judges including: John Smillie (professional photographer), Tom Proietti (Communication/Journalism Professor) and David Kassnoff (Community Relations Manager, Eastman Kodak Company).
Featured photos were submitted by:
Nicole Henry ’13 – Current Student
Frank Liberti ’69 - Alum
Maherly Schaeffer ’98 – Alum & Faculty/Staff
Bill Walter ’13 – Current Student
Michelle Price – Faculty/Staff
Jen Haught Casasanta ’96
Bonnie Gardner ’13 – Current Student
Sarah Campagna – Faculty/Staff
Chelsea Spain ’13 – Current Student
Travis Lindsey ’11 – Alum
Maryann Herman – Faculty/Staff
Julia Laude ’16 – Student
Clair Smith – Faculty/Staff
Maria Navarez ’15 – Current Student
Megan Saraceni ’14 – Current Student
Individuals are encouraged to visit the exhibit, and vote on their favorite photo. A winner will be selected in each of the following categories: best alumni photo, best student photo, and best faculty/staff photo.
The exhibit would not have been made possible without the assistance of Anne Geer and Maherly Schaeffer. Gallery hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information, please contact Calista Amering at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-385-7322.
*Featured photo, "Welcoming View," taken by Frank Liberti ’69.
Latest College News Stories
- On “The Verge” – Students Concept Binge-Watching TV Experience, Premiere May 1
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards