Terrance Receives Professional Service Award
Teah Terrance, Assistant Director of Campus Life, recently received the Professional Service Award from the Association of College Unions International (ACUI) at the association’s regional conference, which took place November 9-11 in Poughkeepsie.
Terrance started at Fisher in 2004. She serves as an ambassador to the campus, through her work with students, staff, and community members. In addition, she serves in the role of advisor, working directly with first-year students. She also serves on many of the College’s campus-wide committees.
Her nominator said: “Through her work with the Campus Center Managers and student groups such as the Student Activities Board, Teddi Committee, Commuter Council, and Student Government Association Finance, she supports – yet challenges – the leadership within these groups to be intentional with the programming and activities that are conducted, and works to help the leaders increase their own personal development.”
The 2012 Fisher yearbook was dedicated to Terrance, and student quotes were contributed to Terrance’s nomination:
“Teah demonstrates the warm and welcoming environment that the Fisher faculty and staff strive for. Teah is a very important part of many different organizations on campus, but she makes personal and meaningful connections with everyone that she comes in contact with. She truly cares about the students and works hard to fit our odd schedules even while raising her own family. I’m glad to call Teah my advisor and someone I can always talk to on campus. Fisher has a great leader and advisor in Teah Terrance.” – Chelsea Spain ’13
“St. John Fisher College would not be the same without the creativity and passion of Teah Terrance. Her hard work, positive attitude, and willingness to lend a helping hand is inspiring, and I am a better person for having her in my life.” – Erika Carey ’12
“There is not a more welcoming, warm, and caring person on this campus. One of the reasons that St. John Fisher College’s activities are at such a premier level is because of Teah Terrance.” –Matt Berry ’13
“Always greeting you with a smiling face and a friendly wave, Teah is so much more than an exceptional member of the Fisher staff. Her door is always open, her ears are always ready to listen, and probably, without knowing it, her hard work and dedication to student life teaches others to mirror these actions. I’m so lucky to not only have Teah as a mentor, but also as a friend.” –Pauline Vacca ’12
The ACUI supports its members in the development of community through education, advocacy, and the delivery of services.
From L to R: Josh Baer, Campus Center Manager; Chelsea Spain, Campus Center Manager; Teah Terrance; Krissie Barsema, Campus Life Graduate Intern
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference